Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnotherapy in Cork City

Options
  • 25-04-2010 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I've decided to try a session of hypnotherapy to aid my weight loss/ fitness regime as well as for exam stress. A family friend recently had a really good experience in the states and I want to give it a go here. I have seen that there are a number of hypnotherapists in Cork with a huge range in prices (€100 to €300) and session lengths (1-2 hours). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a hypnotherapist in Cork or knows why the prices vary so much?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Brig wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've decided to try a session of hypnotherapy to aid my weight loss/ fitness regime as well as for exam stress. A family friend recently had a really good experience in the states and I want to give it a go here. I have seen that there are a number of hypnotherapists in Cork with a huge range in prices (€100 to €300) and session lengths (1-2 hours). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a hypnotherapist in Cork or knows why the prices vary so much?

Thanks!

Hi,

Well i am a QUALFIED Hypnotherapist and Personal Trainer. If your goal is weight loss and dealing with stress i can assure you that a hypnotherapist is NOT the answer. I would advise you to seek a PERSONAL TRAINER, this will be alot cheaper and alot more successful.

A Hypnotherapist knows very little about the body they focus on the mind. A Personal Trainer focus on the body hence why my business is BOTH mind & body.

If you have any questions feel free to ask mate.

Have a fantastic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

rocky2010 wrote: »
    Hi,

Well i am a QUALFIED Hypnotherapist and Personal Trainer. If your goal is weight loss and dealing with stress i can assure you that a hypnotherapist is NOT the answer. I would advise you to seek a PERSONAL TRAINER, this will be alot cheaper and alot more successful.

A Hypnotherapist knows very little about the body they focus on the mind. A Personal Trainer focus on the body hence why my business is BOTH mind & body.

Have a fantastic day.

Interesting, is your company similar to Motivation Weight Management? I contemplated availing of their services but they cost like 600 euro overall!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Donnaghm wrote: »
    Interesting, is your company similar to Motivation Weight Management? I contemplated availing of their services but they cost like 600 euro overall!!

I replied to your question to your private e-mail.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

@rocky2010- do you work with people with phobias often?? i have often thought of going to a hypnotherapist for my really inconvenient but terrifying fear of spiders and the dark.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭druidstone

rocky2010 wrote: »
    Hi,

Have a fantastic day.

I would like to point out the following:

... a Hypnotherapist who has received the proper training can most definitley resolve weight loss and stress issues, with very fast, and life-lasting results! It's obvious from your statements that you haven't been correctly trained in Clinical Hypnotherapy or you would already know that its actually the clients subconscious mind which gives all the answers you need ... you don't need to know all about the body ... you just need to know the correct Hypnotherapy techniques to use so you can obtain the right information from the clients subconscious mind and you must also know how to use that information to develop the correct treatment strategy so you can deliver the right therapy for them. Unfortunately not all Hypnotherapists are trained in the correct techniques required to do this, it's obvious that you haven't been trained in the correct techiques, so I don't blame you for your lack of understanding.

Unfortunately the Hypnotherapy industry is poorly regulated in this country, so there is no minimum qualification or standards required in order to practice or train others in the field. There is a growing minority of Hypnotherapy practitioners and trainers who are continually striving to improve the standard of the industry and maintain an internationally-recognised standard of training and practitioner registration in Ireland. Unfortunately there are still others who are only in it for themselves and their only interest is how much money they can make from vulnerable people who come to them for both hypnotherapy training and treatment.

It is therefore very important when choosing a Hynotherapist, to ensure they have been adequately trained by a training provider who delivers an internationally-recognised qualification and that they are appropriately registered with the appropriate association. I could give some names but I don't want this post to be advertising any one particular body of Hypnotherapists, or it will be deleted by moderator. The consumer can do adequate research it doesn't take too long on Google to find out who's who of Hypnotherapy Associations on an international level.
    ==========
    Moderator I hope this post meets your approval, I just had to set the record straight. The previous post was all lies, slanderous against all the good Hypnotherapists who are genuinely in it to help others, all in an effort to promote their personal training business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭druidstone

In answer to Brig (although the message is old, someone might find the reply useful)
    the reason for the vast difference in prices is twofold, and requires much investigation.

1. firstly, there are some hypnotherapists who are just in it for the money, they don't really care about helping people and will charge exhorbitant fees because they can.
    2. secondly, there are some brilliant and talented hypnotherapists out there who have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on the best quality training, and who will deliver you very fast and life-lasting results.

you have no way of knowing other than using your gut instinct.

So it's up to the consumer to do enough research. My recommendation is choose a Hypnotherapist who is recommended by word of mouth, by someone who has had treatment and experienced fast and life-lasting results. If you can't do this and need to choose your own Hypnotherapist just phone them up and ask them enough questions that you can get a feel for them over the phone ... they should be easy to talk to, happy and helpful. They should be confident in their ability to help you but they shouldn't be up themselves (and some most certainly are) ... you can easily tell the difference if you talk to them long enough. And the old rule applies to anyone you talk to as a prospective Hypnotherapist ... use your gut instinct ... it's always there if you listen to it ... if you have any doubts about a person then just don't. Just continue looking and find someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Zombie thread way past Halloween......begone ! Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement