Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Litres Of Coke For €4.50

Options
  • 25-04-2010 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Iceland in Ballyfermot are selling 2 x 3 litre bottles of Coke or Diet Coke for €4.50. Dunno about any other Iceland shop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

how much is that per gram ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Their 3 litre bottles of Dr Pepper are savage!

I love giant bottles of things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Barname wrote: »
    how much is that per gram ?

Are you crazy,it's Iceland,their coke belongs to Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

didnt even realise iceland were back in ireland. didnt they pull out of the country a few years ago after they went bankrupt in the uk? how much are they selling the 1pound priced stuff for in euros these days? used to be 1.50 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Won't somebody please think of the teeth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

IMO I don't think anybody who drinks liter's of coke per day are too worried about their teeth.

For those who don't know, Coke is VERY acidic with a pH value stronger than some acids!

Edit:

Just found this article:
    Subject: Say Bye to COKE!!

An interesting piece of information .......

Have a look at the wrapper on a Coca-Cola 1.5 litre bottle and in the ingredients label you will find phosphoric acid in it. Minute quantities of ethylene glycol is also used (which is acknowledged in the soft drink world for making it really chill").

This is popularly known as anti-freeze which prevents water from freezing at 0 degree C and instead drops it by 4-5 degrees with minute quantities.

This chemical is a known slow poison in the caliber of arsenic. So, if you manage to drink about 4 litres of Coke within an hour or so, you can die. Read along and give up these dangerous things.

Be natural, have flavoured milks, tender coconuts, butter milk and plain water instead of these "soft" drinks.

Guess what's the pH for soft drinks, e.g. Coke? pH 3.4! This acidity is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! Our human body stops building bones at the age of about 30.

Soft drinks do not have any nutrition value (in terms of vitamins &minerals). It is high in sugar content, carbonic acid, chemicals i.e.colorings etc.

Some like to take cold soft drinks after each meal. Guess what's the impact? Our body needs an optimum temperature of 37degrees Celsius for digestive enzyme functioning. The temperature of cold soft drinks is very much below 37 degrees or even close to 0 degrees Celsius. This will dilute the enzymes & stress the digestive system. The food taken will not be digested. In fact it will be fermented! The fermented food produces gases,decays and becomes toxin, and gets absorbed by the intestine, circulates in the blood stream and is carried to the whole body. Hence, toxin is cumulated in other parts of the body, developing into various diseases.

Think before you drink coke/Pepsi (or any soft drink) again. Have you ever thought what you drink when you drink an aerated drink? You gulp down carbon dioxide, when nobody in the world would advise you to drink CO2.

Two months back, there was a competition at Delhi university. "Who could drink the most Coke?" The winner drank 8 bottles and fainted on the spot-too much CO2 in the blood. Thereafter, the principal banned all soft drinks from the college canteen! While this might have been an extreme measure, the results do provide some food for thought.

Did you know that soft drinks use chemicals in them that cause immense harm to you. Someone put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi and in 10 days it DISSOLVED! Can you believe it? Teeth and bones are the only human parts that stay intact for years after death. Imagine what the drink must be doing to your soft intestines and stomach lining!

Request to All : Forward this message to your friends to increase the awareness of the great "Assumed soft drinks". Please read this and forward to all your friends.. you care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

mullingar wrote: »
    IMO I don't think anybody who drinks liter's of coke per day are too worried about their teeth.

For those who don't know, Coke is VERY acidic with a pH value stronger than some acids!

And orange juice has an even lower (i.e. stronger) pH. http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

Yes, coke is bad for your teeth, but so are many other things. My dentist even advised me to be careful with the amount of milk to drink as the film it leaves behind is a great food source for plaque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Coca cola is ****, don't buy it. It will turn your kids into blobs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

what is with these preachy people lately? First the chickens in lidl and now Coke? Leave bargains alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

phasers wrote: »
    what is with these preachy people lately? First the chickens in lidl and now Coke? Leave bargains alone!

they must be listening to Ray D'arcy too much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I drank 2L of coca cola per day for about 15 years. Im now 30, Have good teeth & no fillings at all.
    The argument about the pH level is crap. It took 10 days for a tooth to desolve in coke. Stomach acid could probably desolve a tooth instantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mickdw wrote: »
    I drank 2L of coca cola per day for about 15 years. Im now 30, Have good teeth & no fillings at all.
    The argument about the pH level is crap. It took 10 days for a tooth to desolve in coke. Stomach acid could probably desolve a tooth instantly

you must have great teeth :) or in other case the last time you visited the dentist was 15 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭crushproof

you must have great teeth :) or in other case the last time you visited the dentist was 15 years ago :)

Hmmmm, maybe he brushes his teeth twice or three times daily as is recommended? I've an awful sweet tooth and I was told by the dentist a few months ago that I had good teeth, despite being convinced I'd need a few fillings!
    mullingar wrote: »

Edit:

Just found this article:

And now to crush this arguement
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blcoke.htm

GIVE THAT MAN A CA OF COKE :D
    Please.....I really want one now!

Advertisement