Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Insurance Allianz/BHS

• 25-04-2010 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there everybody!!
    I'm planning on insuring my horse. I was going to take out a policy with Allianz but I heard certain places (Kilruddery) will only allow members practice on their x country course if they're insured with BHS.
    I'd never heard of BHS insurance, is anyone insured with them or are there any other companies out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

They mean the British Horse Society. The insurnace is a free part of membership, and there's a very good Irish part to the society. I fully recommend it, have a look at http://www.bhsireland.com/ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

Yup I'm insured with them, it comes with the Gold membership, well worth the money, and it gives you peace of mind that you'll be covered, without having to fork out hundreds of euros..think it cost me around 68euros last year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Does the BHS cover you for shows though? I think it only covers for BHS shows only..

All the same I use it myself, which reminds me. I must renew soon! It is well worth the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GoGoDiego

Thanks for the advice!

For anyone thats thinking of doing the same- I joined on Friday. It was £57 which is about €66 for the gold membership. It doesn't cover for veterinary fees, just 3rd party liability and personal accident for MAJOR injuries (not worth mentioning) up to £15,000 I think.
    The insurance covers for all shows & hunts not just BHS related events. There are exclusions on point to point, business related activities and reward activities (I think that means if you are making money from loaning out your horse).
    The great thing is you don't need to get your horse vet checked for this, you don't even need a passport.

You'll find the number here...
    http://www.bhsireland.com/join.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

Excellent stuff, job done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I have IFA insurance and it cost me €30 through my hunt but as far as I am aware covers all the same things as BHS insurance!

Can anyone confirm this?

Advertisement