Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Ardfry House, Co. Galway

• 25-04-2010 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

This has been probably one of the most technically demanding (Photoshop-wise) images that I have ever personally worked on, with about eight hours of on and off work. Go wild on it:

20100425213007_1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

are the roof and sides not quite straight ?? barrel distortion or is it meant to look like that ? nice image but the distortion kinda throws me a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Not too bad, I dont get the huge amount of Photoshop work though. Take a picture, stick it in and convert to b&w, done.

Nice looking building too, any shots of inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Borderfox wrote: »
    Not too bad, I dont get the huge amount of Photoshop work though. Take a picture, stick it in and convert to b&w, done.

Extensive cloning on either side to remove houses (hence the original crop - go look at my blog). Figuring out how to integrate the sky cleanly took a fair chunk of my time.

are the roof and sides not quite straight ?? barrel distortion or is it meant to look like that ? nice image but the distortion kinda throws me a bit.

It is barrel distortion, aye. Correcting it just made the image look strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

The ground at the far right of building is very white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

strange place that, was there around this time last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Link to your blog to see the original?

20100424224359_115.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

^ If thats the original, surely you added the distortion?
    Fenster wrote: »
    It is barrel distortion, aye. Correcting it just made the image look strange.

Stitched differently. I made exceptional effort to remove it in the first version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

my honest opinion is that your colour (ed) images are superior to your B&W ones.

Your B&W do nothing for me

I like your colour shots

Borderfox wrote: »

I had a whole bunch, but my whole style and skill is to step back and photograph the whole item. My detail work really sucked bad so I tossed them out.

Advertisement