Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOTD 2 Just not the same anymore.

• 25-04-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Without Chiles the show is just so wooden.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Couldn't agree more..... the fact that it was only Lee on the couch didn't help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

And they keep changing the time that its on , its head wrecking !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

2 Good 2 Bad is not the same without Chiles :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

greeno wrote: »
    Without Chiles the show is just so wooden.
    Get used to it because Chiles is leaving

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8637785.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its always on at 10 pm as it was tonight, when Colin Murray gets his ass in the chair it'll be hit mute for 5 mins between games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah it didnt and wont feel the same without Chiles.Heres a chance for another station to follow suit and bring in a Sunday night review program,never a better time for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Jigga wrote: »
    That news has given me a sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

mike65 wrote: »
    Its always on at 10 pm as it was tonight, when Colin Murray gets his ass in the chair it'll be hit mute for 5 mins between games.

No it's not. It's quite often switched to any time between 10 and 11.

A few weeks back it didn't start will 11.30 two weeks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

There is, or at least was, a campaign organised by Football Weekly listeners to get James Richardson the gig.

Safe to say I'd clear my Sunday evenings indefinitely if he anchored MOTD 2.

Why isn't that man on TV more??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

I'd say they want an existing BBC presenter to do it. Saves them paying Richardson for one show a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Neil3030 wrote: »
    There is, or at least was, a campaign organised by Football Weekly listeners to get James Richardson the gig.

Safe to say I'd clear my Sunday evenings indefinitely if he anchored MOTD 2.

Why isn't that man on TV more??
    Wasnt he on Setanta for a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If Colin Murray is the guy who does the Europa League coverage on FIVE then god, he is plain awful imo.

Can't watch the pre game discussions when he's involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wasnt he on Setanta for a while?

Yeah but that's nearly a year ago at this stage. Plus that quasi-soccer AM format didn't really suit him. He needs to be chairing a discussion with intelligent pundits*, not judging a rap off by Stevie-G impersonators.

(* may have shot my argument in the foot with that, considering it's the BBC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

MOTD2 is just a compact show for people to watch so that they get the very basics of what happened over the weekend so that they can hold small talk in the office on monday.

Thats what i think at least.

EI111 wrote: »
    MOTD2 is just a compact show for people to watch so that they get the very basics of what happened over the weekend so that they can hold small talk in the office on monday.

Thats what i think at least.

Or it's just MotD for the games on Sunday with added brief highlights of the Saturday games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's a shame Chiles is gone but the guy they had on tonight could have done the job without giving it to Colin Murray. Or even that chap Manish. Don't mind either of them when I see them on Football Focus. Why bring in the new guy? At least it's not Chris Evans I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Your man who used to do the Serie A show on C4 should do it, james richardson is it?

I blame lamps' bird for Chiles exit

Chiles was good.

It's a shame Chiles is gone but the guy they had on tonight could have done the job without giving it to Colin Murray. Or even that chap Manish. Don't mind either of them when I see them on Football Focus. Why bring in the new guy? At least it's not Chris Evans I suppose.

+1, would have liked to see Manish given a chance.

Frisbee wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I don't mind Colin Murray. Can't stand smuggy Richardson.

Id like to see someone like Alan Green get the job. Great commentator and sure he would be good at presenting as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Id like to see someone like Alan Green get the job. Great commentator and sure he would be good at presenting as well

He's a f*cking moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Or it's just MotD for the games on Sunday with added brief highlights of the Saturday games?

Ya but I just think there is something about it. Chiles just wasn't an out and out football presenter if you get me. Seemed to be aimed at a wide audience

Why?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

No it's not. It's quite often switched to any time between 10 and 11.

A few weeks back it didn't start will 11.30 two weeks in a row.

Yeah I had it down as being on at 11 tonight for some reason and missed the whole bloody thing. Is there any repeat of it on at any time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Why?:(

Greene?

Over-opinionated little twerp tbh. He's a commentator he should stick to doing exactly that. His voice annoys me greatly, which in a radio commentator isn't the best of starts.

joe123 wrote: »
    Yeah I had it down as being on at 11 tonight for some reason and missed the whole bloody thing. Is there any repeat of it on at any time?

Don't think so.

I work till 10 most Sundays and it's annoying trying to get home for it.

10.15 starts are my personal favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spiritoftheseventies, two things - first that sig will get you into trouble (a bit big) and second Alan Green????????????? :eek: He'd spend the show moaning about how long it took to get to the studio from the stadium and how cold it is!

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Greene?

Over-opinionated little twerp tbh. He's a commentator he should stick to doing exactly that. His voice annoys me greatly, which in a radio commentator isn't the best of starts.
    Always enjoyed his commentaries when i get the chance to hear him. Yeah he is a bit opinionated but cant say it has put me off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The new guy has been with BBC for a good while I think he has took over MOTD the odd time when Lineker was away for whatever. He does the F1 and although he seems like a fairly nice bloke, he knows nothing about it, the F1 drivers do be slagging him and everything basically talking down to him.
    Well Manish has the Football League show for himself with Steve "I can't give out about any team as I used to play for them" Claridge. He is probably happy enough there, more hassle to do MOTD2 I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    The new guy has been with BBC for a good while I think he has took over MOTD the odd time when Lineker was away for whatever. He does the F1 and although he seems like a fairly nice bloke, he knows nothing about it, the F1 drivers do be slagging him and everything basically talking down to him.

Wrong guy mate. That is Jake Humphreys.

Colin Murray is the guy taking over from Adrian Chiles. TBH I like Colin Murray. He is the host of Fighting Talk and a Friday night sports preview show on Radio 5 Live called kicking Off. Both are excellent.

He's from N. Ireland and definitely a bit of craic. he also presents Europa League on Five (TV) in the UK although I haven't seen much so I can't comment. He used to present the NFL on Five too and get good reviews.

Chiles was very good but once Colin Murray takes over properly next season, I expect him to be very good. It's best of both worlds really. Chiles moves to ITV so World Cup and Champions League matches there will be better and Colin Murray takes over MOTD 2. If anything, I would expect MOTD 2 to become even more different that regular MOTD under Murray.

Now who the fook is going to take over You're Fired... when the Apprentice comes back now that Chiles is gone?

Colin Murray is the guy taking over from Adrian Chiles. TBH I like Colin Murray. He is the host of Fighting Talk and a Friday night sports preview show on Radio 5 Live called kicking Off. Both are excellent.

He's from N. Ireland and definitely a bit of craic. he also presents Europa League on Five (TV) in the UK although I haven't seen much so I can't comment. He used to present the NFL on Five too and get good reviews.

Chiles was very good but once Colin Murray takes over properly next season, I expect him to be very good. It's best of both worlds really. Chiles moves to ITV so World Cup and Champions League matches there will be better and Colin Murray takes over MOTD 2. If anything, I would expect MOTD 2 to become even more different that regular MOTD under Murray.

Now who the fook is going to take over You're Fired... when the Apprentice comes back now that Chiles is gone?

Think Margeret is going to be the hard one to replace :( By the way Clare Balding has been linked to You're Fired :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ah right, yeah that's the guy that hosted it tonight anyway so I thought he was getting the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ah tits. I didn't realise Chiles was leaving MOTD2, that's a downer. It was the perfect way to finish the weekend for me - a bit of football and humour to help keep your mind off the horrors of another Monday morning on the way. Now it's going to change :(
    Your man Murray used to be a bit too earnest or nervous or something when ever I saw him on Five. I hope this format suits him better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Alan Green :mad:

Moron... moron... moron....

Spoony should be given a chance. I love that guy. Holds 606 a million times better than Green. The guy is a hero, despite him being a fan of Liverpool.
    Wouldn't mind James Richardson either.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Always enjoyed his commentaries when i get the chance to hear him. Yeah he is a bit opinionated but cant say it has put me off him.

Isn't Green a huge pro Liverpool man ??
    Makes sense you'd stick up for him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I found Chiles really annoying. Richardson would be a good choice alright - he knows his stuff or else the mad Oirish man that does be on ESPN Press Pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Don't get the whole Colin Murray hate, think he's entertaining myself in fairness. Liked Chiles and yes MOTD2 will miss him.

will1977 wrote: »
    Isn't Green a huge pro Liverpool man ??
    Makes sense you'd stick up for him :p
    Only found out recently he was a pool fan. God half of the stuff on here should be moved to conspiracy theories.
    Its like beirut in here at the moment ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

OPENROAD wrote: »
    By the way Clare Balding has been linked to You're Fired :eek:

Really? That would be HORRENDOUS!:eek:

Advertisement