Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A day in the city... what should I do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

First of all im from Cork county not Cork city and to be honest i don't consider Galway to be a city.I would see it as town similar to Mallow,Clonmel etc.With that said i do live there now and i do like it.It wouldn't be as good as Cork or Dublin in terms of what you wan't from a city but it's hell of a lot better than the likes of Ennis,Athlone,Tullamore etc.So all in all while i would find Dublin to be too big,Galway to be too small i think Cork is the right size.It has a nice small town/big city feel to it so there.

Couldnt agree more about Cork but now you have compared Galway to Mallow and Clonmel?!! Please. No offence to those two towns but the are not exactly the same or as good as Galway. Whether you think Galway is a city or not is irrelevant. The fact is, it is. In fact it's the republics 3 biggest city now. Just like Clonmel, Ennis and Mallow I suppose!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

darrenh wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more about Cork but now you have compared Galway to Mallow and Clonmel?!! Please. No offence to those two towns but the are not exactly the same or as good as Galway. Whether you think Galway is a city or not is irrelevant. The fact is, it is. In fact it's the republics 3 biggest city now. Just like Clonmel, Ennis and Mallow I suppose!:rolleyes:

Limerick is the third biggest city in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Limerick is the third biggest city in ireland.

Why do I keep having to correct you! Check it out. Galway is now Ireland's 3rd largest city. Official.

Galway (Irish: Gaillimh) is the fifth largest and the fastest-growing city in Ireland,[1] the third largest in the Republic and the only city in the province of Connacht. It is located on the west coast of Ireland. In Irish, Galway is also called Cathair na Gaillimhe (City of Galway). - Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway
    http://www.citymaps.ie/galway-city-map.htm

Google alone has thrown up lots of different links proving this.

This thread is now dead and not what it had started out to be. Cork is a great city. So is Galway. If you said Galway was like Kilkenny I might have accepted what you said but you compared it to Mallow:eek: Ennis:eek: and Clonmel:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

.... and Limerick is a great city ;)

Thanks for all yer help b.t.w :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

darrenh wrote: »
    Why do I keep having to correct you! Check it out. Galway is now Ireland's 3rd largest city. Official.

Galway (Irish: Gaillimh) is the fifth largest and the fastest-growing city in Ireland,[1] the third largest in the Republic and the only city in the province of Connacht. It is located on the west coast of Ireland. In Irish, Galway is also called Cathair na Gaillimhe (City of Galway). - Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway
    http://www.citymaps.ie/galway-city-map.htm

Google alone has thrown up lots of different links proving this.

This thread is now dead and not what it had started out to be. Cork is a great city. So is Galway. If you said Galway was like Kilkenny I might have accepted what you said but you compared it to Mallow:eek: Ennis:eek: and Clonmel:eek:

Now now Mallow is a lovely place and if Raheen and Dooradoyle were included in Limerick Citys population count for the census then Limerick would be bigger.So yes Galway would be the third city on a technicality but Limerick would still be really Irelands third biggest city.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement