Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nooobbbb alert

Options
  • 25-04-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

jsut signed up for this game

waht should i focus on doing to get off the ground...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    jsut signed up for this game

waht should i focus on doing to get off the ground...
    Welcome. If I were starting again, the first priority would be training - a level one coach, academy, and two trainers each in attack and defense.

After that, I'd say sort out a hooker, two second rows and an outhalf. These guys will be the core of the team for at least two seasons. Make sure two of those are young - 17 or 18, so you can train them fairly intensively. Prices on the transfer market are as low at the moment, but they will be on the way up by week 14.

I'd be aiming to start advertising for some level 2 trainers at the end of the season (week 16).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Buy young, and buy players with good non-trainable stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Disagree a small bit orizio actually, starting out I would buy anyone you could on the only condition that they would improve your team short/medium term. You dont need to look 5 or 6 season forward right away. [clearly, young guys are great and prefered, but if an amazing old fella is there for nothing or next to nothing pick him up].

When I was in div v I bought a couple of 32 year old blokes for nothing who were my best forwards for a time, and were a great help in getting me promoted. Now both are gone since I'm in div IV and things are a touch more serious, but your first while in the game, you want as high a league finish as possible, so you get more cash at the end of the year, and can make a run at winning your league the next season [IMHO].

Second arrange all the friendlies you can, so you can mess about with tactics and your blokes get experience etc , and you figure out the best way to play, dont worry about loosing initially :)

Read the guides at the top of the forum here. A lot of sold gold info in there :)

Advertisement