Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling my NTL Broadband

• 25-04-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guy,

I was just looking for some advice. I have 20mb broadband with NTL and have had it for 1.5ish years. I'm moving to chapelizod and they dont offer broadband in the area. Does anyone know how I go about canceling my service. I rang and was told to write to them with 30days notice but im really not going to pay €65 when im not there for the months notice. I dont pay direct debit, so can I just ring inform them and then walk ??

Also the free netgear router they provide is this free, as in I can take it with me or free during use with their service. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You have to give 30 days notice, because that's what you agreed to when you signed up. The router is yours to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 solarchick

there was confusion wen i was cancelling mine.. was moving out of our student house and my house mate said he would cancel it and told me he did, but didnt:rolleyes: so basically they came ringing me a few months later saying you owe us a few month sntl and a cancellation fee!! not a hope in hell was i payin that, i just said i cancelled it definatly and im not paying any fee!! they rang me loads of times chancin there arm sayin the debt was now being handed over to debt collectors.. i sent a firm email then saying i had cancelled my ntl, was not paying any fee, and asked them to stop phoning me, and they eventually stopped!! make sure u dont give them your home address! your lucky you dont have direct debit we didnt either and it was so handy. cos they would have takin €150 off me!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gar44

hi jor el thanks for that, handy that I get to keep the router, Is is possible for me to get out of it without giving the notice??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gar44

haha classic stuff solarchick but that seems like a lot of effort for 65 quid, I dont really fancy the anoying calls and having to send emails etc. Great to hear you got away with it tho :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gar44 wrote: »
    hi jor el thanks for that, handy that I get to keep the router, Is is possible for me to get out of it without giving the notice??

No you have to give them notice as that is what you agreed to in their Terms & Conditons,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can always ask, plead ignorance, and see where it gets you.

Advertisement