Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2010: Defending against Barca (Messi) online play

Options
  • 26-04-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop Messi from running straight thru defenders and walking the ball into the net. I'm really getting annoyed with this game and the online play. Everyone just picks Bara or Real Madrid and tries to give the ball to either Messi, Ronaldo or Kaka and then try and run the ball the entire pitch. It's so hard to defend against, withouth fouling and getting sent off. I try to shadow and he just runs thru my defenders, I try to tackle and then I commit and he just skins me, I try to use pressure from other defenders and he just skips by one or two and passes to an unmarked player to tap into the net.

Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

What i usually do or at least against my friends,is hold down the x button(this makes the nearest defender chase after the player with the ball..then using another defender,i keep backing off from the skillful player.Keep in mind that the player chasing him usually puts him off a bit.Then at the right moment usually around the edge of the box if im in trouble or if i see the right moment,i make my move and get the ball off him using the defender that was backing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

you should play against one of the lads in the leagues, they might give you a few pointers.

Messi isnt the hardest player in the game at all, he can get pushed off the ball remarkably easy so just wait for your chance(possibly use jockey at first) and barge into the ball and him when you have the chance. having a second player nearby also helps close his angles and options.

what team you using? there are plenty of quick defenders in the game, barca have alves, abidal-chelsea have cole and bosingwa-man city have richards, onuaha-man u have evra-real have ramos andvalencia have very decent wing backs as well-all these defenders have the pace and power to deal with messi.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    you should play against one of the lads in the leagues, they might give you a few pointers.

Messi isnt the hardest player in the game at all, he can get pushed off the ball remarkably easy so just wait for your chance(possibly use jockey at first) and barge into the ball and him when you have the chance. having a second player nearby also helps close his angles and options.

what team you using? there are plenty of quick defenders in the game, barca have alves, abidal-chelsea have cole and bosingwa-man city have richards, onuaha-man u have evra-real have ramos andvalencia have very decent wing backs as well-all these defenders have the pace and power to deal with messi.

lol i love my ogres in defence,my friends and i have made made a master team and for me,i put terry,mexes,vidic and nesta in defence.Its probable the way i play but i find ogre defenders the best to defend with

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

corcaigh07 wrote: »

OP here: I switch my teams around between Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Argentina and Holland. I find that 99.99% of the time, other players pick Barca, Real or Inter and they give the ball to Messi, Kaka or Etoo and basically run the lenght of the pitch and tap the ball in.
    It's very hard to stop, especially when I know that they are going to play a thru ball out to the wing but I can't change my defender to the right player to intercept the pass.

censuspro wrote: »
    OP here: I switch my teams around between Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Argentina and Holland. I find that 99.99% of the time, other players pick Barca, Real or Inter and they give the ball to Messi, Kaka or Etoo and basically run the lenght of the pitch and tap the ball in.
    It's very hard to stop, especially when I know that they are going to play a thru ball out to the wing but I can't change my defender to the right player to intercept the pass.

Iv been playing pro since pro evo 2 on the ps2. Running and dribbling around people is just something that comes with pro evo..They have improved defending by slowing the pace in 2010 but its still there..Im not saying its a bad thing though since you are able to defend against it after you get used to it.As i said try my tactic and lets us know if it works..

Eto running by people?Hes gotten crap in 2010..I think villa is the new eto..An outside favorite for me is bellamy, he always gets into good positions and has a weird run

• Advertisement
Advertisement