Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop question

Options
  • 26-04-2010 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hello :)

not sure if this is the right place for this thread,think it is.

I shop in gamestop alot,and have noticed they are now doing mp3 players,phones,even laptops and more.....

I forgot that I had an old iPod touch lying around(has been for ages) and just wondering would GS offer a reasonable amount for it ?

It's the first gen version and is 8gb.

I haven't used it in ages,but there were a few problems with it (like battery saying it's low when it's now,but I think it sorted itself out somehow)

does anyone have any idea of what I would get for it ? And do they need USB/earphones etc.

Even better,any good sites that will give me a reasonable amount for it ? (like phone sites that give you cash for you mobile)

thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

knowing gamestop, you will get feck all for it, i better give it as a present to a friend, then give it for feck all to them m8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Personally I think you're better off putting that up on eBay! But sure there's no harm in going in to a shop and asking them how much you'd get for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

You actively shop in GS? ewwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

See here's the problem,I'm not 100% sure that it is working fully so I don't want to give to a friend/sell it really.

Suppose if I give it away for free they can't complain though.

I wanted to sell it on eBay,but have no credit card(I do use paypal though,with 3v but don't wanto buy
    another card)....maybe I'll see is anyoe interested on adverts,I'm sure everything is working,I'll test it out later/tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    See here's the problem,I'm not 100% sure that it is working fully so I don't want to give to a friend/sell it really.

Suppose if I give it away for free they can't complain though.

I wanted to sell it on eBay,but have no credit card(I do use paypal though,with 3v but don't wanto buy
    another card)....maybe I'll see is anyoe interested on adverts,I'm sure everything is working,I'll test it out later/tomorrow.

Oooh yeah forgot about adverts! (Duh!). Well I think you'd get more money for it there than going in to a chain shop and selling it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Yeah :)

I was just thinking that Gamestop might not
    care too much what generation the iPod touch is :P I might put it up on adverts in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

photowb.jpg

Nice example of Gamestop's genius. Spotted in the chart section of the St Stephen's Green SC store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wouldnt bother with GameStop for selling stuff, they would probably only give ya €25 cashback on a brand new iPad. Every time i see someone sell them something they have the air of "I am doing you a favour buying this, your lucky I am giving you €5 for your kidney"

Advertisement