Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why won't y crappy PS3 work???!!

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

A lot of people on this forum are PS3 users, so I was wondering: Why, everytime I switch on my PS3, does it try to install the latest update(ver 3.30)and after I download it, the machine switched off, restarts, then goes back to the update screen.....ad infinitum?

I basically can't get online with the piece of garbage any more. I was just wondering if any of you guys have similar problems with the latest update? Or similar problems in the past?

I've been called a chicken on some forums, as result of not being able to get on to the PSN. I'm also wondering whether I should even bother buying Super for the heap of junk...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Update fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can you try downloading the update from the Playstation site and installing it manually?

Not sure if you can do this on PS3, but you can on PSP and they have an almost identical interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I had a similar problem lately Ken. Was trying to play god of war and it kept repeating the patch upgrade in a loop. I found the only way to sort it out was to connect to the Internet directly with an Ethernet wire. Seemed to work ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Can you try downloading the update from the Playstation site and installing it manually?

Not sure if you can do this on PS3, but you can on PSP and they have an almost identical interface.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/system-software/detail/item275508/Update-features-(ver-3-30)/
    Yep, works for the PS3 too. I'd say try whacking that on a usb stick and updating from there... (it has to be in a PS3\UPDATE folder)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I know everyone loves the fighting games forum and all but you'd probably get a better response from the playstation proper forum ken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I know everyone loves the fighting games forum and all but you'd probably get a better response from the playstation proper forum ken.
    This is the only thread I use.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Have not tried to go online with mine in awhile, that'll change soon though of course.

Advertisement