Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford - Tramore Road re-opened

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I searched a few tramore road threads and couldnt find the answer I was looking for.

Is there a suitable footpath from the superquinn roundabout, out the Tramore road to the Ballindud roundabout, for running on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I searched a few tramore road threads and couldnt find the answer I was looking for.

Is there a suitable footpath from the superquinn roundabout, out the Tramore road to the Ballindud roundabout, for running on?

What about that little path that goes along the stream (that scumbags through life rings into). As far as I know it goes all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

The path ends around 200-300 yards from the roundabout if you run up through the walkway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Ive never walked up along there. Is it okay? Its not dodgey or anything?

@Kensutz - Can ya get back out onto the road or does it just break out onto the road anyway?

Was going to go running out that way tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

You can run out on to the road. It's like a gate at the top, just opposite where the pillbox is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Ive never walked up along there. Is it okay? Its not dodgey or anything?

@Kensutz - Can ya get back out onto the road or does it just break out onto the road anyway?

Was going to go running out that way tonight.

Its grand during the day. It is a bit isolated though. The bushes totally block the view from the road, so I wouldn't want to go there at night (unless you are a fast runner and can out-run any potential trouble).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill put this in the more recent topic on that whole area, just to make it a bit more organised. I think that same topic covered this also. :)

Topic Merged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

dayshah wrote: »
    Its grand during the day. It is a bit isolated though. The bushes totally block the view from the road, so I wouldn't want to go there at night (unless you are a fast runner and can out-run any potential trouble).

It's not great all right. They still haven't repaired all the lights around there either so parts of it are very dark at night. Once you get past KingFisher there's no lights at all I think.

That said I often walk home after work that way at 3 or 4 in the morning and I've never even met anyone. You do meet people drinking etc some evenings and God help anyone who falls in the river because there isn't a single life ring left. It's starting to get very overgrown there too. They had been keeping on top of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So its only open a few months and it seems to be breaking up already. I thought I counted around 30 potholes of various sizes and they don't seem to be repaired yet. Will we be seeing another diversion soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sully wrote: »
    So its only open a few months and it seems to be breaking up already. I thought I counted around 30 potholes of various sizes and they don't seem to be repaired yet. Will we be seeing another diversion soon?

Was thinking the same thing myself. Any time we have heavy rain it seems to break up. I also see a diversion in our future, probably just in time for the school traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The council men were out this morning filling in the potholes. These are very recent, the last time I was on that road, a few days ago, there were no noticeable potholes. Presumably these are the result of the constant rain recently, it is a temporary surface.

looksee wrote: »
    The council men were out this morning filling in the potholes. These are very recent, the last time I was on that road, a few days ago, there were no noticeable potholes. Presumably these are the result of the constant rain recently, it is a temporary surface.

Its been there a few weeks now, just getting worse. It started with one or two but gradually is getting worse. Before the rain.

Besides, any surface temporary or not should be able to withstand the rain and usage. There is little or no point putting down a surface thats going to break up a few months down the line - is it not supposed to be there at least 6months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

ive run the walkway hundreds of times and never come across any hassle yet. As kensutz says it ends about 300 yards from the ringroad but there is a new path to take you from this exit to the ringroad. The path is unfinished like the road but its safe enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

looksee wrote: »

Some pretty big pots holes on it this morning

Also see that the tramore road from the ringroad to passed the half way house has been marked out to b repaired too. Would it be lovely to see them resurface this with a proper road surface for once....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Benimar

Besides, any surface temporary or not should be able to withstand the rain and usage. There is little or no point putting down a surface thats going to break up a few months down the line - is it not supposed to be there at least 6months?

I seem to remember hearing it would be left for 3 months to see how it was going before the final surface was put down. That should be around now, but can't see a final surface being put down anytime soon given how the temporary one is breaking up.

Benimar wrote: »
    I seem to remember hearing it would be left for 3 months to see how it was going before the final surface was put down. That should be around now, but can't see a final surface being put down anytime soon given how the temporary one is breaking up.

Different reports - 4 months, 6 months, the autumn etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

between the Superquinn roundabout & Balindud roundabout, The road thats had "unfinished road surface" signs on it the last 6 months. Anyone know when it will be finished? It already felt like driving over a Mogul's course but now after one night of heavy rain it resembles the surface of the moon with all the torn up craters in it. Bloody disgrace!!!

Rant over

During the summer, it got awful bad with potholes getting larger and larger before it was repaired. Its lasted good enough but started to break away a few days ago and then the rain came and made it much worse.

One is beginning to wonder, is it working!

I think they were giving it 6 months to settle so that would indicate towards the end on November before they'll even start on finishing it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Adyx wrote: »
    I think they were giving it 6 months to settle so that would indicate towards the end on November before they'll even start on finishing it.

By which time we could have snow and the road will go to bits :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Did anyone see the car at the roundabout yesterday morning? It had plowed through the fence and was lying on its side in a dip in the side of the road. Looked bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

michellie wrote: »
    Did anyone see the car at the roundabout yesterday morning? It had plowed through the fence and was lying on its side in a dip in the side of the road. Looked bad!

I noticed the fence was torn up and badly mangled, but the car had gone around 3.30 pm.

I did see a very large pool of water stretching onto the road in the place where the concrete barrier is!

He survived as did the passenger without a scratch. He crashed in very bad rain and wind, with the roundabout in complete darkness as the lights were out for the few days.

Though, the council or someone quickly fixed the lights as they were back working last night!

He survived as did the passenger without a scratch. He crashed in very bad rain and wind, with the roundabout in complete darkness as the lights were out for the few days.

oh thank god, it looked bad!

oh thank god, it looked bad!

Very lucky to be alive as he landed on the cars side in the drain, through the fence.

Cabaal wrote: »
    By which time we could have snow and the road will go to bits :pac:

Brilliant planning all right. Sure it'll be ready for Spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Adyx wrote: »

And then the excuse will be given that it is too wet like they did on the stretch last year past Katie Reillys.

Monkeys could run this place better

Ah stop. Were waiting on a footpath for the old tramore road well over a year & we keep getting letters in the door saying its supposed to start "next month...bla bla bla". Still no sign of it. Its so dangerous and there are always people walking on it! Someone is going to be seriously injured or killed before they will start it.

Ah stop. Were waiting on a footpath for the old tramore road well over a year & we keep getting letters in the door saying its supposed to start "next month...bla bla bla". Still no sign of it. Its so dangerous and there are always people walking on it! Someone is going to be seriously injured or killed before they will start it.

There where issues outside of the councils control which cropped up when the main Tramore Road was finished and that road was supposed to begin development. The issues were really no fault of the councils.

So while the letter you got did say it would be starting soon, thats what was believed until things changed unexpectedly. The latest is these issues are sorted and the contractor will begin shortly or whenever there free I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

There where issues outside of the councils control which cropped up when the main Tramore Road was finished and that road was supposed to begin development. The issues were really no fault of the councils.

So while the letter you got did say it would be starting soon, thats what was believed until things changed unexpectedly. The latest is these issues are sorted and the contractor will begin shortly or whenever there free I guess.
    Fair enough, but I think they should have had a footpath from Avondale up to that new estate before they even started building the new estate. Or maybe even make the developer of the estate foot the bill for choosing such an unusual un-footpathedededed place for an estate.

I mean, it's suburbia, there's going to be kids there.

But shur, it was all Celtic Tiger and Champagne and Cosworths for the little ones back then.

Advertisement