Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had my first duel with my little girl.

Options
  • 26-04-2010 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

She kicked out a lead to the washer dryer in the 'nana's' house by accident. Harmless act, I 'oops it' and plugged it back in and told her not to do it again.

For the first time ever she stood and looked at me and stood poised with her foot deliberately poised on the electrical wire to 'accidentally' unplug it again after I plugged it back in. A direct challenge if you like.

I was taken aback at first by her poise, I didn't give out to her. I just said "go ahead and do it and see what happens Missy".

We stood face to face in her first act of defiance for 30secs, she had her foot on the lead to see what I would do. I would have grounded her in so many ways that it would have made her head spin, but I gave her the option to make that mistake first.

She gave me the most incredible dead eye stare of defiance but she eventually folded. I'm looking forward to battling with her in the future;)

The whole episode today made me think of this:

I think I have my work cut out with this little one in the future but I am looking forward to the challenge;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

She kicked out a lead to the washer dryer in the 'nanas' house by accident. Harmless act, I 'oops it' and plugged it back in and told her not to do it again.

For the first time ever she stood and looked at me and stood poised with her foot deliberately poised on the washer wire to unplug it again after I plugged it back in. A direct challenge if you like.

I was taken aback at first but, I didn't give out to her. I just said "go ahead and do it and see what happens Missy".

We stood face to face in her first act of defiance for 30secs, she had her foot on the lead to see what I would do. I would have grounded her in so many ways that it would have made her head spin, but I gave her the option to make that mistake first.

She gave me the most incredible dead eye stare of defiance but she eventually folded. I'm looking forward to battling with her in the future;)

The whole episode today made me think of this:

Your Username and Thread title made me think of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Haha excellent, one of my fave clips.

Advertisement