Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Di2 review

• 26-04-2010 7:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

WW Di2 review, seems much more thorough than anything else I've read

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I read that a while back. Completely insane. It has everything a WW review should have, including multiple references to "grouppo", Zipps and €450 rear derailleurs used for cyclocross, removal of paint from a Time frame....

Here's that same guy's stripped Time project.

These two pictures tell you everything you need to know:

wheels%20212.jpg

Timevxrsanding%20004.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Common misconceptions- The battery just hit 50% after 5 months of use in through winter months. Its way over designed

Surprised that the batteries last that long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Lumen wrote: »
    Here's that same guy's stripped Time project.

He's my new hero! That's some dedication to the cause right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That's some dedication to the cause right there

Indeed. However, the conclusions are worth quoting:
    Despite the bike being lbs lighter than the Colnago- the overall package ride of this Time didnt create any WOW factor in me. The most noticeable difference was the shorter chainstays and resulting more spirited ride. Sure- jumping at over a 6% grade felt swift but steady state climbing at 4% grades wasnt that different than on my old steed. As a WW- this was a little upsetting. The Time really didnt feel any stiffer/more comfortable than the EP. The frameset seemed to take away the high vibration buzz more than the EP and certainly more than an Asian monoque like the R3-SL. Overall- the triumvirate combo of lightweight, smoothness and racy geometry will make an excellent long distance gran fondo sportif bike, but not my go to machine for everyday rides.

Overall- Its a very nice riding frame and descends remarkably well for such a light bike. I am still not pleased with the overall ride though - some if has to do with the fit (too low and wide Q factor cranks) and some of it is just a result of a few hundred grams not making a huge difference to me on long steady climbs. I know that sounds anti-WW- but its true (try plugging in 500 grams in analytic cycling)

On short violent bursts- sure- I can tell the difference in weight compared to a heavier bike - but that nimble feeling doesnt last or really effect my speed for the type of climbs/riding I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Lumen wrote: »
    Indeed. However, the conclusions are worth quoting:

It's not the finished product that I like, so much as the obsessive attention to detail...

• Advertisement
Advertisement