Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Show for LIDL again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

alibabba wrote: »
    YES there is.
    Dont advertise (and con the reader) unless they know they will have stock
    They can also put customer quotas on things. In bargain alerts they said lidl had chickens for €2 each, but people said they were sold out and saw auld ones with 10-12 chickens in their trolleys. They could also possibly put up average quantites that will be stocked, so you know if it is even worth the risk of travelling out there. Like at christmas DID or powercity might have 5 plasmas at half price etc, 1 per customer -if they did not advertise the fact there is only 5 of them you would get many pissed off customers, just like empty handed lidl customers.
    dogeyknees wrote: »
    I work in advertising and there is feck all you can do when a supplier lets you down....

Im not sure what you expect them to do - wait until they have the offers and then start on the process of getting them advertised?
    The OP is questioning if they are deliberately pulling scams, and I presume they might be wondering if they could be reported & investigated by some authority.
    IrishTonyO wrote: »
    And if you go to Lidl and they don't have the bargain you went for, no one is there forcing you buy something else.
    Of course nobody is forcing you, but most people would cut their losses and shop there rather than travel elsewhere and waste more time, petrol & effort, of course some might leave lidl out of spite. It might be the deciding factor in choosing between 2 supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Lidl and Aldi have a habit of only having a few items in stock of their really good offers, it can give the impression of them offering wonderful value when in effect there was only a few items in each store available.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That would be stupid of them to do as it would lose them customers in the long run. And if you go to Lidl and they don't have the bargain you went for, no one is there forcing you buy something else.

Thats a bit naive isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Shelflife wrote: »
    Lidl and Aldi have a habit of only having a few items in stock of their really good offers, it can give the impression of them offering wonderful value when in effect there was only a few items in each store available.
    Well it is wonderful value for those who get out of bed early enough to buy them before stock runs out. It's the same in any retail business e.g. tile shops, clothes shops, furniture shops, even car sales. BTW, all the other main supermarkets also heavily advertise their discounted items to make them look cheaper than the competition, that's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

CamperMan wrote: »
    it's a con to get you into their store, the amount of times I have seen "bargains" advertised and when i go there, not a thing, it's a joke, I don't shop shop their now! :mad:

Yes it's a con.

They get you in there on the pretence of cheap football kit and you are so angry when you see they have none in stock that you wild and buy up a load of other cheap stuff.

What a con.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Well it is wonderful value for those who get out of bed early enough to buy them before stock runs out. It's the same in any retail business e.g. tile shops, clothes shops, furniture shops, even car sales. BTW, all the other main supermarkets also heavily advertise their discounted items to make them look cheaper than the competition, that's business.

Its not business its bad business and in their case its a scam, it doesnt matter how early you get there they dont open till 10 anyway ive heard of queues outside and only 3 or 4 computers inside for sale. its a joke really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dcbs

i'm sorry no offence intended but reading some of these threads some people have no clue what ye are talking about... you should try working iin one of these shops for a day and practice all those bright ideas and see how well they work out and see how things happen eg, advertised stock not coming in and finding out last minute = not the managers fault he/she simply following orders from their boss and so on , as for Lidl it is a discount shop where you do get your goods cheaper so you should allow for some minor problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dcbs wrote: »
    i'm sorry no offence intended but reading some of these threads some people have no clue what ye are talking about... you should try working iin one of these shops for a day and practice all those bright ideas and see how well they work out and see how things happen eg, advertised stock not coming in and finding out last minute = not the managers fault he/she simply following orders from their boss and so on , as for Lidl it is a discount shop where you do get your goods cheaper so you should allow for some minor problems...

Sorry, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dcbs wrote: »
    i'm sorry no offence intended but reading some of these threads some people have no clue what ye are talking about
    Well no offence but I don't think you (and some other posters) have a clue what the OP was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

rubadub wrote: »
    Well no offence but I don't think you (and some other posters) have a clue what the OP was on about.

I gave up on this a a good few posts back.
    Why dont people read the thread from the start like normal people !

And while Im at it , the odd mod or two should try making their own arguments rather than just agreeing with other mods for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

And while Im at it , the odd mod or two should try making their own arguments rather than just agreeing with other mods for the sake of it.

@alibabba if you have a problem with a post, then please use the Report Post functionality. There is no need to clutter the thread with unhelpful observations that are not relevant to the discussion.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Was in Lidl today (Nangor Road) and they had 2 stacks of the football thing about 30 or 40 of them

Was in Lidl today (Nangor Road) and they had 2 stacks of the football thing about 30 or 40 of them

thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

thing ?

The football kits that this thread is about, see OP

The football kits that this thread is about, see OP

Thnaks, I'll check my local on way home from work.

Advertisement