Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sendinga watch for repair under warranty

Options
  • 26-04-2010 8:52am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, can the mods please move if this is the case.

Purchased a Tag watch whilst on Holiday in Australia about 22 months ago, it came with a 24 month global warranty.

Seems the watch is loosing its time already :(. . .not what you'd expect for an expensive watch but anyway. . .

Went into a shop on Grafton Street that sells the brand (don't know if I can mention names). they said that they won't service the watch themselves as it could invalidate the warranty. Fair enough I suppose but they have said they will send it back to the manufactuer in the UK however there will be a courier charge of €50 :eek:

Does this sound right, that I should have to pay a courier charge to have something looked out that is under warranty (and is not my doing(?!?).

:confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hmm - I'd contact TAG directly and get them to organise collection, rather than going via the shop.

I don't think that you should have to pay for the courier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks, have looked at the UK website and if I lived there they would provide a free post envelope. .have sent them an email.

http://csec.tagheuer.com/customer-service-centres/home-local-uk/shipping-kit/index.lbl?lang=en

Can understand the retailer not wanting to pay the courier charge as i didn't buy the watch there but I asked would I have to pay if I did and they said they would still charge me!

Advertisement