Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycrone Manor Kilcoole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martini8383

sarah11662 wrote: »
    Do you think they'll be much more expensive

Hi, I was thinking if you could also ring to Richard ans see what he will tell you. You know just to make sure that on 18.03 we will find out for 100%...what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sarah11662

Hi, I was thinking if you could also ring to Richard ans see what he will tell you. You know just to make sure that on 18.03 we will find out for 100%...what do you think?

I have rang the office a couple of times and he never returned my call I will try again today

I have rang the office a couple of times and he never returned my call I will try again today

Thank you. I've always called Richard straight away on his mobile as the girls in the office dont have the update.

I just got Richard he said it will be the 19th of March and he will know for sure, he also said an investor has come on board, so that's good news for us

I just got Richard he said it will be the 19th of March and he will know for sure, he also said an investor has come on board, so that's good news for us

Thanks for that. What it exactly means that investor has come on board?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

It is very unlikely that any of these houses will be completed this year. The half built ones will have to be demolished and started again. According to the planning conditions the roundabout at the entrance needs to be completed before any construction is recommenced and the developer does not own the land to complete it at Holywell.

adam14 wrote: »
    It is very unlikely that any of these houses will be completed this year. The half built ones will have to be demolished and started again. According to the planning conditions the roundabout at the entrance needs to be completed before any construction is recommenced and the developer does not own the land to complete it at Holywell.

Yea, I've just called Wicklow Co and they said that this is the condition of this. But she said she has no further details about the case so she cant say when the roundabout will be finished and also when the build will start. She advised to check that with our builder when they will give us the update next week.

Just spoke to Richard McDonnell. He said 18.03 is the date when they will find out for 100% if they gonna build these houses or not.
    He said he will be calling people to let them know.
    Did you get any update yet?

Did you get any update yet?

Not yet. I rang him around 12:30 and he said he will have an update today after lunch. He said he will call me back. I'm still waiting...

They can't build without the roundabout and I was told that by a planner in WCC. That land is not in their ownership so those houses cannot be built.

• Advertisement

Not yet. I rang him around 12:30 and he said he will have an update today after lunch. He said he will call me back. I'm still waiting...
    I called the office twice and he never retured my calls, did he get back to you?

I called the office twice and he never retured my calls, did he get back to you?

Hi, I didn't call me back. We will try tomorrow to contact him straight away again.
    If we won't hear anything until the end of the week, we are thinking to withdraw our deposit.
    Also if they will confirm that the build will go ahead, I can't imagine to wait for this witout the contract to be issued staight away as the situation may repeat.

Hi, I didn't call me back. We will try tomorrow to contact him straight away again.
    If we won't hear anything until the end of the week, we are thinking to withdraw our deposit.
    Also if they will confirm that the build will go ahead, I can't imagine to wait for this witout the contract to be issued staight away as the situation may repeat.
    Yes we are thinking the same. I don't like the way they don't return my calls

Yes we are thinking the same. I don't like the way they don't return my calls

Looks like it's impossible to contact Richard....

Looks like it's impossible to contact Richard....

He contacted me today he has no updates he said the builder isn't returning his calls

He contacted me today he has no updates he said the builder isn't returning his calls

Oh, that's really great news. I'm wondering when we will get any information...

Richard just called me. He said that bank asked the builder to provide some more information. They've provided it yestetday so they're hoping to have the decision next thursday or friday. He said that the builder wants to build those houses but they have to wait for money from the bank. He also said that when decision is made they will also know when the build will start and finish.

Richard just called me. He said that bank asked the builder to provide some more information. They've provided it yestetday so they're hoping to have the decision next thursday or friday. He said that the builder wants to build those houses but they have to wait for money from the bank. He also said that when decision is made they will also know when the build will start and finish.
    Thanks for the update hopefully we will know by next week so

Thanks for the update hopefully we will know by next week so

I've sent text message to Richard yesterday but so far I haven't heard anything from him. Have you tried to contact him?

I've sent text message to Richard yesterday but so far I haven't heard anything from him. Have you tried to contact him?

I rang him on Tuesday and he said he should know today but I'm not holding my breath!!!!

• Advertisement

I rang him on Tuesday and he said he should know today but I'm not holding my breath!!!!

Hi have you heard anything else as my calls are not being returned by the auctioneer, which means no updates, I was talking to another auctioneer in Kilcoole yesterday and he said it will be at least 12 months before they go ahead.

Hi have you heard anything else as my calls are not being returned by the auctioneer, which means no updates, I was talking to another auctioneer in Kilcoole yesterday and he said it will be at least 12 months before they go ahead.

Hi, I've rang Richard last Friday and he said he has no further update beside the one that they are still waiting for bank's decision. He said again the same that hopefully this Friday they will find out, but they are saing this for the last few weeks you know yourself. He offered us to withdraw our deposit and I said we dont want it, we want a house! He said he has 5 other people waiting
    for the update.
    What auctioneer did you call and base on what they are able to tell you it's another 12 months?

Hi, I've rang Richard last Friday and he said he has no further update beside the one that they are still waiting for bank's decision. He said again the same that hopefully this Friday they will find out, but they are saing this for the last few weeks you know yourself. He offered us to withdraw our deposit and I said we dont want it, we want a house! He said he has 5 other people waiting
    for the update.
    What auctioneer did you call and base on what they are able to tell you it's another 12 months?

Wicklow homes in Kilcoole

Wicklow homes in Kilcoole

That's really funny that they can provide update and the builder not.
    I honestly dont know what to think now. It doesn't look good.

That's really funny that they can provide update and the builder not.
    I honestly dont know what to think now. It doesn't look good.

Well the longer it goes on the more money they will want for the houses anyway as property is on the increase.

Well the longer it goes on the more money they will want for the houses anyway as property is on the increase.

I know but the most annoying thing is that we don't know anything officialy.
    It would be better to know that they are more expensive rather that we don't know anything.

I know but the most annoying thing is that we don't know anything officialy.
    It would be better to know that they are more expensive rather that we don't know anything.

I agree there is nothing as bad as not knowing and been told we will know by Friday (I wish I knew which Friday)

Take your money and run - there is no way those houses will be built in 12 months. Both Holywell and the developer to the north of Holywell site are preventing the roundabout from being constructed and therefore the Ballycrone houses cannot be completed. The sewage system in Ballycrone is also extremely unreliable as it has to be pumped.

Take your money and run - there is no way those houses will be built in 12 months. Both Holywell and the developer to the north of Holywell site are preventing the roundabout from being constructed and therefore the Ballycrone houses cannot be completed. The sewage system in Ballycrone is also extremely unreliable as it has to be pumped.

T

I think you are right and now you say there is a problem with the sewage, that says it all

• Advertisement

I think this is it. The story of Ballycrone Manor ends for us....
    Time to take deposit back.

Advertisement