Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone recommend a dog groomer?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Anyone know a good dog groomer in Greystones -- my terrier is in bad need of a summer makeover. He is a bit nervous around scissors etc, has anyone had a similar problem -- I was wondering if I'd need to give him a mild sedative or something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

You could try Anne Kelly at Canine Cuties in Kilcoole, 086 259 7757.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I use Anne and find her great - neither of my dogs are scissors happy either but Anne is a good handler and they dont stress at all. :) I'm not certain if a sedative/scissors combo would be recommended !

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

I have two shih tzus who used to be very nervous around scissors, and grooming brushes, and I worried about how they would behave with a groomer. I was particularly worried about whether they might snap at the groomer as a result of freaking out. Should I give them sedatives before their "day at the salon"? When I consulted with the groomer, she said that she prefers the owners not to give the dog a sedative, because if there was anything other than nervousness (like being ill, or an injury) being covered up by the medication, it could be dangerous for the dog. I quickly learned that my dogs actually loved their trips to the doggy salon because these groomers really do know their stuff when it comes to handling dogs during their wash and clipping. Hope this helps squash any of your worries about how your own dog will manage!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

I also recommend canine cuties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I use fabulous fidos in Newtown for my 2 westies. Chris always does a good job and have never had an issue with either dog.

Here is the website for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

We have used Anne also and cannot recommend her enough.
    Only used Chris in Newtown once and was not happy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

ditto on Anne, shes top dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Would have to say Anne in Canine Cuties is a gem, she is a real doglover, my dogs adore her and she is great at handling problem dogs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 squeez

Hi, I've been to Canie Cuties and was not happy - it was like my dog was never groomed. I guess I really should have said something to Ann but I just brought my dog to another groomer who is brilliant, Sheila - 086 402 9040.

You would need a car to get to her house but she is cheap and great with dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Try Smoochable Pooches - have been very happy with the service there, in Redford Park - contact details Orlaigh 087 2606717.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Smoochable Pooches are excellent, our dog is giddier than Scooby Doo but he likes going here & returns looking great. The groomer is a big-time dog lover & will take time to ensure the job is well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Thanks guys, dropped my dog into Anne in Canine Cuties this morning and am delighted with the results, he looks like a new dog!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 julieq

I had a look at this thread the other day and was also directed by a friend. Orlagh at Smoochable Pooches has just completed a fabulous job on our Cavachon, Alfie. Orlagh is really friendly and professional, full of advice and knowledge about Alfie's breed. He looks fantastic and she completely followed my direction of not being too scissors happy. This is our first time as Alfie is only 9 months old and the heat was starting to get to him. Nails, ears and coat all clipped, cut back his armpits / groin to avoid matting and he smells like a bed of roses ... (that will not last !) We all find it so easy to complain that I think it only right to compliment where compliment is due ! Tough times for all and great to support local small businesses ! After and before pics !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

Hi,thinking of getting my dog scrubbed up...ow much do these thngs cost? do they include things like clipped nails?

any other recomendations for greystones/kilcoole area?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 julieq

Hi, At Smoochable Pooches it cost €50 for bath, cut, nails, ears cleaned and plucked and full groom. I think that there is a simpler service for €25. Best thing is to give Orlaith a call 087 2606717
    Your dog will look and smell great, I only wish that I could afford it every couple of months ... home baths are just not the same !
    Good luck ..... lucky dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Hi Haggis
    Ann in Canine cuties baths does nails ears etc,she charges me 35euro but I suppose it depends on the size and coat.My dog is a long haired medium dog and she has to take a lot off him she will spray cologne on him too ;)
    (086)2597757

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AlannaMac

Yes she's great, my dog loves going there and he always comes out looking beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

Yes, tried Anne in Canine Cuties and both me and the dog couldn't have been happier.

He's usually a bit of a grump but Anne handled him no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johner07

try barkies dog grooming mobile saloon she comes to you and cuts the dog in the van at your homes she is very good 0864075105 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maria_mc

We use smoochable pooches with my two little bichons and they always look amazing when Orlagh is finished with them. They also seem to love going there and are happy out being dropped off and collected - just like any good trip to the hairdressers should be like!! :-)

check out the website, its pretty cool as well - http://www.smoochablepooches.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

maria_mc wrote: »
    We use smoochable pooches with my two little bichons and they always look amazing when Orlagh is finished with them. They also seem to love going there and are happy out being dropped off and collected - just like any good trip to the hairdressers should be like!! :-)

check out the website, its pretty cool as well - http://www.smoochablepooches.ie/
    we use smoochable pooches too. Bella is a rescue dog and can be nervous,Orlagh scooped her up and gave her cuddles and she is happy as Larry going there now. Orlagh is also expanding and opening up day care - she rescues and fosters dogs herself and is so welcoming. Totally a doggie person.
    Check out her website as above,lovely person.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1
    Anne is fantastic.
    My springer spaniel is very energetic and panicky (as seen below).

BEFORE:

P1030440.jpg

(A few weeks) AFTER:

P1070409.jpg

I was charged €60.

Advertisement