Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig 2 Big?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Why is it only me has this sig to big crap!

I posted in another forum about photography and obviously someone has the hump and keeps changing it...I mean WTF>

Its not that big and its the same as every one else's........:mad::mad:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Not really a Battlefield issue, moved to Feedback.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Why is it only me has this sig to big crap!

I posted in another forum about photography and obviously someone has the hump and keeps changing it...I mean WTF>

Its not that big and its the same as every one else's........:mad::mad:

No, it was way beyond the limitations in size and dimensions. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Current rules are here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=547710&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thing about it is Spearman, I was not the only one running the BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 sig the exact one 5 or 6 other posters are using....I have no probs changing it but there are still loads with the same sig.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I think the rules are good but I think the height restrcitions should be relaxed a little bit. Most images are bigger than the limit allowed so its a bit hard to find an image that meets those specifications.
    I think height should be increased to 200

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thing about it is Spearman, I was not the only one running the BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 sig the exact one 5 or 6 other posters are using....I have no probs changing it but there are still loads with the same sig.:confused:

But they only get changed when an admin notices, either in passing or through the sig notification thread, so there's a fair degree of randomness in it. Hence you got caught, others may get away with it longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I have no issue with the sig dimension limit.

But the 20kb is very very restrictive.

Hence why the font in my sig is not too clear.

It is fine at 54kb but 20kb strips the away the quality.

Think 75kb would do no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I know a man that was caught for no wearing his seatbelt by the Gardai twice in the last month, if his defence was that he knew others that were at it too, wouldnt make it right, it just means he was unlucky to be caught, and eventually someday those others will have their day too.. just a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Because you had two images tiled vertically; a battlefield one and a liverpool fc image, the total height was about 350px, that's too big. Also the battlefield image is 66kb which is above our limit of 20kb, if you read the link posted on your sig that I put, and the one posted earlier you'd see that.

Therefore your sig was way too big.

Yeah, it may seem unfair that you get picked on, but everyone eventually gets snipped as snyper suggests. Either an Admin will see your sig and remove it or it will get posted on the sigpo thread. It's not personal, it's just the rules.

Advertisement