Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Models Forum

Options
  • 26-04-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

In regards to the Models forum, there's only one Mod, who hasn't been online for over 3 months.
    Reported posts don't seem to be actioned.

Any chance of getting a Mod that uses the site, last contact I had with Fobia (via PM), he said he wouldn't be around too much/ at all in future.
    I know its a quiet forum but I think its starting to get a bit neglected, for sale posts and the like not being removed.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

+1. In the meantime I'd suggest directly reporting posts to the cmods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Thanks for letting us know, we'll get something sorted.

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bonito wrote: »

Should the Cmods not be sent the reported posts automatically too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Cmods get included on reported posts by default but I suppose PM'ing them a heads up wouldn't do any harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Tallon wrote: »
    Should the Cmods not be sent the reported posts automatically too?
    AFAIK when a post is reported a thread is automatically made in the mod forum. Sure, the cmods can see it but pm'ing them to it might be more successful than waiting for someone to pick it up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No, they should get an email... unless it's disabled by default?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

AFAIK when a post is reported a thread is automatically made in the mod forum. Sure, the cmods can see it but pm'ing them to it might be more successful than waiting for someone to pick it up. :)
    The reporting post seems the first thing to do. Not sure if CMS would appreciated being PMd every time. They have enough on their plate Im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Storm in a tea cup if you ask me.

The models fraternity consists mainly of mature and well behaved folks who stick to the rules. Now and again a newbie might list some "For Sale" stuff, but occurrences like that are few and far between and don't pose a thread to the forum AFAIC.

Besides, we're all the lookout for a bargain and love pics, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Hey guys,

thanks to Dav for the call today, as he rightly guessed I simply couldn't log on for the past few months. I don't have the same e-mail as I used to so couldn't reset my password!

So yeah, here I am. But Cookie_Monster has a good point, I don't really come here that much, and I don't intend to increase that either. I do think I acted to every reported post, mind (unless the PM system wasn't working at the time), but indeed I am, and intend to remain, essentially inactive.

If the CMod would like help, I have absolutely no issue stepping down or whatever, let someone else who has the interest do it.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi Fobia. There's a good chance the CMods might miss this, so you might be best PMing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'm on it. Dav posted in the cmod forum today, and brought it up.

I'm not very familiar with the forum, so no names are jumping out just yet. I'll keep looking through the threads/posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Fobia wrote: »
    Hey guys,

thanks to Dav for the call today, as he rightly guessed I simply couldn't log on for the past few months. I don't have the same e-mail as I used to so couldn't reset my password!

So yeah, here I am. But Cookie_Monster has a good point, I don't really come here that much, and I don't intend to increase that either. I do think I acted to every reported post, mind (unless the PM system wasn't working at the time), but indeed I am, and intend to remain, essentially inactive.

If the CMod would like help, I have absolutely no issue stepping down or whatever, let someone else who has the interest do it.

Regards,
    David

Hey, I'm not unhappy with what you did or that things went undone at all. Just interested in the forum and trying to make it better for all, and since you said it to me in PM before I thought I'd mention it today when another "for sale" thread appeared is all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I dunno if it's a bit pointless pointing this, as only moderators will be able to see it I think..

But yeah, sure I stepped down in 2007, I was sure I did, but then I thought I might have been dreaming or something. But no, the drugs don't work, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055152946

David

I'm still going through the threads & posts, looking for likely mod candidates ... leave it with me for a day or two.

OK ... we've identified a few possible candidates ... we're running the rule over them now.

Hope to have some news on this in a few days ... it will take time to pick candidates, check the admins are happy, and see if the candidates are willing to take on the role.

any progress?

so?...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Most misleading forum title.....ever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Exactly. Forum disappoints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I think we have someone lined up now - just waiting for the OK from all concerned.

• Advertisement

Dav wrote: »
    I think we have someone lined up now - just waiting for the OK from all concerned.

good stuff, thanks

Xavi6 wrote: »

there's plenty of other sites for looking at wimmin's on the the interwebs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How many candidates leapt at the chance to manage the models forum and then read the small print?

Advertisement