Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulberry Beckett V Boru Carraig Mor

• 26-04-2010 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I've had a small deposit on the Mulberry Beckett at the local retailer for the past few months after a long time researching my options. It was either the Beckett or the Boru Carraig Mor.

Now I'm looking at the Carraig Mor again, as Boru have released an updated version of the model since I last looked at it. The price is the same and the stats are similar.

Just looking to see if anyone has either one of these, or have had heard good/bad about them before I shell out my 1,500!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Quack13

I would be interested also, if anyone has any feedback on the Carraig mor.

Boru can tweak their stoves so that they are fully airtight (ie external air source), am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

I have no information on the two you are looking at, However, about 12 years ago I put in a Hunter Herald 14 Multifuel, I did a lot of looking before purchasing and the choice here back then was not great, I prefered the build quality of the Hunters, it is made from 5 or 6mm steel instead of cast except for the doors, I have not had to replace one single part since new and I have all the hot water I could use all winter and it's on 7 rads. I am building a new house and intend to buy the Hunter 80B which will cater for up to 14 rads, the new house is much bigger and the stove here gets lit every night for about 8-9 months of the year, I will probably buy from here which is the cheapest I've found http://www.qualitystoves.co.uk/index.php?manufacturers_id=13 the prices here are still too much, buy about 40%
    As you can probably guess I like what I bought, what ever you get ensure the doors are big enough so you can load it properly, otherwise you'll be at it all night. I mostly burn timber and only need to cut my logs 16" so it's less chainsaw and splitting work.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

I meant to say, I think the Mulbery figures are a bit optimistic to say the least on the amount of rads it will do.

Advertisement