Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dead Rising 2 - Pre-release DLC

• 26-04-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently there will be DLC download made for Dead Rising 2, that is more of a Dead Rising 1.5. It'll cover some story between the two games, and set the stage for Dead Rising 2, and will be available as a kind of demo for Dead Rising 2!

case0.jpg
    http://kokugamer.com/2010/04/20/dead-rising-2-will-have-a-special-dlc-before-release/

I have to say, I agree with the Kokugamer guys, this really is win all round. We get to fill in backstory, try out the new game and engine, and see what it'll be like to play DR2, without having to play a small portion of the game, only to play it again once the full game comes out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's also part of a movement by publishers in general to see if there would be a market for a 'paid demo' to replace the current free demo market. EA are supposed to be moving in this direction also.

Back on topic - I'm kind of looking forward to this, and may fall for the tactic anyway to try the game out before buying. My big hope for the game is that they have ditched the whole Otis style thing.

*ring-ring*
    Otis: "Hey, why did you hang up on me? That's so rude..."
    Frank: "Sorry, I'm surrounded by flesh eating zombies and other maniacs trying to eat me alive or kill me in horrible ways. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings while you're in your safe little room up there."

[Text as seen on an SD TV, in small-print-o-vision] :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The fact that it's simply not content that will be part of the game, and will bridge the gap between both games a little is what's making me look forward to this, and I probably will get it. True they could simply build it as a first chapter into the new game, but then we'd have nothing to play to whet our appetites ;)

+1 and a big F*** YOU OTIS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah, it seems like a cool idea. I wonder how long/challenging it'll be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I agree that this is a bit of a paid demo, but if it genuinely has content not in the game then I think such an idea is valid.

What I would never do is pay for a demo that is only say the first level of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Wicknight wrote: »
    I agree that this is a bit of a paid demo, but if it genuinely has content not in the game then I think such an idea is valid.

What I would never do is pay for a demo that is only say the first level of the game.

1. Remove 1st level from game

2. Market the level that would have linked games as stand-a-lone experience.

3. Profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

1. Remove 1st level from game

2. Level that would have linked games now becomes unique experience.

3. Profit.

How cynical! I imagine we'll be able to tell if Capcom just took it out of the game, gamers are pretty savvy to such things now (like Tomb Raider Underworld's DLC).

Mr. K wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems like a cool idea. I wonder how long/challenging it'll be?

Around 3 hours according to the article.
    I think the pricepoint that they pitch it at will also be a big deciding factor with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Might give this a go depending on price

Looking forward to Dead Rising 2 I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Should be good, as long as the text bars are visible. Wrecked my head no end last time, but yes, it's still alot of fun puttnig zombies through a lawnmower....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can't wait for this game, I loved the first one and I have this pre-ordered since summer last year. The co-op and customized weapons features look great in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i could see the text in Dead Rising with an SD TV and an RGB scart, dont see why others cant do the same.

Dead rising 2 should be brilliant and ill probably buy this DLC at 400 points no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I will in my arse pay for a demo! The whole point of a demo is try before you buy. I can appreciate the whole extra content, story etc in this case but if this paid demo thing catches on it'll be a sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Asmodean wrote: »
    I will in my arse pay for a demo! The whole point of a demo is try before you buy. I can appreciate the whole extra content, story etc in this case but if this paid demo thing catches on it'll be a sad state of affairs.

+ 1

With pay for demos and publishers trying to cripple the 2nd hand market, the games industry is only going one way and its not good.

I'd never pay for a demo, but IMHO, this seems like something different, so I am (probably!) going to be willing to pay for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Oh yeah I can completely understand if there's a bit of extra content or whatever but I've begun to hear rumblings of paid demos arising which is sort of worrying. As for the second hand market thing that's been popping up thats just plain greed. Second hand games have been around pretty much forever and ( from what I understand, I could be wrong ) it hasn't had any major effect on the industry. Imagine if it was frowned upon to buy second hand cars or houses for example. With any product there is always going to be resale popping up so tough luck I'm afraid, consumers will always vie for what they consider to be the best value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think the thought process (at EA at least) is to offer stuff like Battlefield 1943 ahead of the likes of Bad Company 2. Which, if it turns out this way, is fine with me.

Intrigued by this, but also a bit wary of being ripped off

Advertisement