Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mort-A Theatrical Adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Novel

Options
  • 26-04-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

l

Mimesis Theatre Company proudly presents "MORT", a novel written by Terry Pratchett and adapted for the stage by Stephen Briggs. It tells the story of a young, awkard man who struggles to find an apprenticeship suitable to his skills- or lack there of...until DEATH shows up and offers him a job. Ushering souls into the next world is not easy. Not easy at all...as MORT soon finds out.

"MORT" will be showing at Players Theatre, Trinity College, Dublin from 27th April- 1st May, 7.30pm nightly. Tickets ONLY 12euro (e10 with concession)

Tickets on sale from 19th April at Players Theatre Box Office 01- 8962242

Mimesis Theatre Company was founded late 2009 by Crissy O Donovan and Leona Nally. In the midst of the recession we have decided to stop moaning and start creating. Our objective is simple- tell the story, whether it's new, old or never been told. Mimesis focuses on making theatre more accessible by broadening the range of theatrical skills and devices available both to performer and to audience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Interesting, thanks for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

There's loads taking place! good to hear of others...
    Production of Wyrd Sisters taking place at Halloween in Galway by Discworld Irish Stage Company http://discireland.info/discworld/

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

I would really like to try and go to see this if I can. Has anyone gone to see it? Would thee recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hand_Of_Steel

I went to see it last night and a really enjoyed. I was a bit unsure as to how the book would translate to the stage but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. A lot of laugh out loud moment as you would expect and some very good performances from the cast.
    Well worth going to see if your looking for something fun to do over the weekend although I think it might be selling out kinda fast so you might be best to book ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

Thanks for that Hand of Steel. Went along to it last night too, dragged a friend who was not impressed but I really enjoyed it. They did a good job and some of the cast were excellent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement