Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns my neighbours house?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Is there any way I can find out who the names of the actual owner(s) of my next door neighbour's house is? I am having problems with the people living there and am not sure if they own the place or not, so want to find this out. Is this type of information available anywhere?

(bad relations with the people living there, so can't really ask them directly :)).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You could look up the register on www.prtb.ie

Click 'Registration of Tenancies' and 'Published Register'

All it will tell you is if it's rented out and registered. It's a start anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭giardiniera

you could try the Thom's Directory if the house is in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Cathooo wrote: »

All it will tell you is if it's rented out and registered. It's a start anyway :)

Just remember that it may not be a registered tenancy, so if you don't find it on the prtb don't give up - it's only a starting place.

How do you get on with your other neighbours? Do you think that they would be able to tell you if it was owner occupied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kildare10

Hi

In a development owned managed by a property management company the company are required by law to keep a register of the property owners at their offices . What it does not say in the guidelines is that the no. of the unit owned by the person should be listed. This little omission has been used by some property management companies as a reason not to give out the name of the owner of a specific property. If you are in a development you should check the register with the management company. It must be avauilable for inspection by anybody. For more information on the operation of the property management companies see the ODCE (Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement) hanbook on the Management companies

D/2008/1 Company Law Handbook on Residential Property Owners' Management Companies The Director has issued issued a detailed Company Law Handbook on Residential Property Owners' Management Companies. This is a 'self-help' guide for management company directors and property owners and contains short chapters on specific company law topics. The Director has also issued a summary booklet to assist ordinary residents.
    If you cannot get the information you want from the register you should check with the Property Registration Authority. My understanding is that they will charge you either €6 or €25 euro to tell you who owns the property. Your Solicitor should have direct access to this information. Alternatively you can visit their offices. see www.prai.ie for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Cathooo wrote: »

I checked that and it's not on the registered as a rental property.
    convert wrote: »
    Just remember that it may not be a registered tenancy, so if you don't find it on the prtb don't give up - it's only a starting place.

How do you get on with your other neighbours? Do you think that they would be able to tell you if it was owner occupied?

I get on fine with the other neighbours. It's not a very tight-knit neighbour to be honest. I am almost sure that the occupier owns the house, but need to be sure.
    kildare10 wrote: »
    Hi

In a development owned managed by a property management company the company are required by law to keep a register of the property owners at their offices . What it does not say in the guidelines is that the no. of the unit owned by the person should be listed. This little omission has been used by some property management companies as a reason not to give out the name of the owner of a specific property. If you are in a development you should check the register with the management company. It must be avauilable for inspection by anybody. For more information on the operation of the property management companies see the ODCE (Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement) hanbook on the Management companies

D/2008/1 Company Law Handbook on Residential Property Owners' Management Companies The Director has issued issued a detailed Company Law Handbook on Residential Property Owners' Management Companies. This is a 'self-help' guide for management company directors and property owners and contains short chapters on specific company law topics. The Director has also issued a summary booklet to assist ordinary residents.
    If you cannot get the information you want from the register you should check with the Property Registration Authority. My understanding is that they will charge you either €6 or €25 euro to tell you who owns the property. Your Solicitor should have direct access to this information. Alternatively you can visit their offices. see www.prai.ie for more info.

We have a management company, so I will give them a shout.

Thanks for all the info folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement