Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ladies Team - Tallaght, South Dublin

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Tallaght Basketball Club is pleased to announce the formation of its first Ladies team.
    We are seeking out Ladies/Women interested in joining our new Division 5 team.
    Ideally you are currently playing the game of Basketball or returning to the game from an absence.
    We are looking for Ladies with a love of the game, a desire to compete and be part of a winning team and commit to the Club’s long-term future and survival.
    If you’re interested please come along to our open training sessions taking place in Killinarden Community School, Tallaght every Monday night commencing April 2010 from 8-9pm.
    The fee is tbc per session towards the cover of the cost of the gym and player insurance.
    We envisage Pre-season training to commence twice weekly from August 2010.
    Pre-registration for the open-sessions is preferred by calling Audrey 085 1968 404 or Claire 087 794 4955.
    Unfortunately this team is not for beginners!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

its divison 5 right? so why would it not be open to beginners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CKavo

Hi Nialo
    Don't feel this particular team is for beginners, in so far as this group are all currently playing or returning to the game from a break. Given it's a new team the Ladies board are placing us in Sen 5 but the standard of players we have currently would be higher than that, think a beginner would find it difficult to learn the skills of the game and the rules etc within this group of players.
    Your certainly more than welcome to come along and see what you think and decide if this team is for you.

ah i was just asking!! :) Cause usually div5 would be of the opinion that everyone is welcome, any skill level...

ps does nialo sound female to you!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nodzer

Hey its a great idea having a ladies team part of the "Tallaght Basketball Club" - Tallaght is a huge place and can do with lots of teams.

Gud luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Is there any teams around the Tallaght/Clondalkin/Lucan direction with underage girls teams? ie, for a 10 year old?

• Advertisement

Hi there,

There is a couple which you can find out for sure on www.dlbb.net and if you go into the clubs it will come up with the age groups for teams.

Hope this helps.

think there is one in lucan. and im pretty sure there is one in tallaght too. balrodery community gym/pool in tallaght is the gym where they training. not sure on the spelling.

and in lucan you would have to get in touch with the club there. if you contacted the senior mens club they would direct you to the coach.

There is a big enough club called dublin lions in clondalkin "all age groups"
    Kilnamanagh have a kids team

There is none in Balrothery this used to be Notre Dame old groups way back before the Arena opened. I have enquired to balrothery as i live beside it and its not hosting any teams... i stand to be corrected if a team developed since two months ago.

Thanks Nodzer, were determined to get this team off the ground, it's a shame really there are not enough Ladies teams operating in Tallaght but were on the case and hope to grow the Club overtime.

Nodzer wrote: »
    There is none in Balrothery this used to be Notre Dame old groups way back before the Arena opened.

Thought it was still running under age team.. :( anyways cheers for the update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hmmm I might be interested in this actually. Attempted to get back into basketball last year and failed due to time restraints. One a bit closer to home would be better but I might be up for this.

Hi RQ
    You'd be more than welcome, if you decide to join us, sessions take place every Monday from 8-9pm. Next session tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tinca10

Hi,
    I have only just noticed this post tonight and am really keen on getting back to playing basketball again, have not played in a number of years since school. Are you still playing throughout the summer months?

Hiya
    If you were thinking of joining the team, the Tallaght Ladies Basketball Club are running training sessions every Monday night @ 8-9pm till the start of preseason (August) when the team will be picked.

If you were interested there is also an open session in the Arena every Wednesday for Ladies open to everyone from 7-8:30. It's basically pick-up games for the duration and would be an ideal place for you to start getting back into the game, price €5.

Advertisement