Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Roaming Voicemail BE ADVISED

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Just off the phone to O2 customer service. A little annoyed that i got a load of roaming costs on a recent trip away, which were all to my own number. I questioned what these charges were and was told they were calls to me that would have gone to voicemail whether a message was left or not. This amounted to 22 cent a missed call.
    Since i was on holiday, i would leave the phone in the hotel occassionally so that i was actually on holiday, this meant i have over 50 calls that left no message that i get charged for. If the phone is off, it goes direct no ring tone.
    The response was 'We advise all customers to switch off their voicemail whilst abroad'. Has anyone heard/received this advise? The only 'advise' i ever get is a text telling me how to get my voicemails whilst abroad.

It's not a huge amount of money, but i'm a little annoyed as it seems an all new way of ripping off the customers, they so dearly wish to hold on to.

SWITCH OFF YOUR VOICEMAIL OR BE AWARE THEY CHARGE YOU FOR MISSED CALLS.

PS Do the other networks charge like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Just off the phone to O2 customer service. A little annoyed that i got a load of roaming costs on a recent trip away, which were all to my own number. I questioned what these charges were and was told they were calls to me that would have gone to voicemail whether a message was left or not. This amounted to 22 cent a missed call.
    Since i was on holiday, i would leave the phone in the hotel occassionally so that i was actually on holiday, this meant i have over 50 calls that left no message that i get charged for. If the phone is off, it goes direct no ring tone.
    The response was 'We advise all customers to switch off their voicemail whilst abroad'. Has anyone heard/received this advise? The only 'advise' i ever get is a text telling me how to get my voicemails whilst abroad.

It's not a huge amount of money, but i'm a little annoyed as it seems an all new way of ripping off the customers, they so dearly wish to hold on to.

Yup,

Meteor told me to switch off my voicemail when abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

how do you switch off your voicemail?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

it's a standard enough thing and it's far from common knowledge. it's not something the regular joe public would think to do or ask because they wouldn't be familiar with the system.

anytime i've called customer care about roaming (mentioning i was going) i've always been told (bar once maybe) - this includes vodafone, o2 and meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

on voda if i get a call while abroad, and if it goes to voicemail, i dont get charged.. i only get charged if i answer the call...

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

same for me vodafone definately arent doing this

Advertisement