Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

javascript

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

i cant get the WYSIWYG toolbars to appear next to my text areas,i downloaded a package of them and the example works on a blank document in dreamweaver but when i apply it to my website they wont work,I am using templates in dreamweaver if it makes any difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Can we see what you have done, and what you are using please?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sdliverpool

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../../TextAreaFeatures/scripts/wysiwyg.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../../TextAreaFeatures/scripts/wysiwyg-settings.js"></script>
    <!--
    Attach the editor on the textareas
    -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    // Use it to attach the editor to all textareas with full featured setup
    //WYSIWYG.attach('all', full);

// Use it to attach the editor directly to a defined textarea
    WYSIWYG.attach('Message'); // default setup
    //WYSIWYG.attach('textarea2', full); // full featured setup
    //WYSIWYG.attach('textarea3', small); // small setup

// Use it to display an iframes instead of a textareas
    //WYSIWYG.display('all', full);
    </script>
    <label>

thats what i have in the php file it works on an example without the dreamweaver template applied all the files are down loaded in my htdocs?
    What is the best way to apply one as it would be easier start again and less complicated?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are the paths the same?
    src="../../../TextAreaFeatures/scripts/wysiwyg.js"
    src="../../../TextAreaFeatures/scripts/wysiwyg-settings.js"

Put in an alert at the very top of one of the JavaScript files and see if it pops up. If it doesn't, then it would indicate that you're not pointing to the correct location.

Are you using a web developer toolbar with your browser? You can install one for most browsers. That will help show you where the problem is.

Advertisement