Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for railway sleepers

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a three or four railway sleepers for a garden project that I planning for out back. Anyone know where I could pick them up cheaply in County Galway. Checked a couple places and they are looking for €30 a piece. A bit dear in my book. any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Buy & Sell has sleepers, none in Galway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dec25532 wrote: »
    I am looking for a three or four railway sleepers for a garden project that I planning for out back. Anyone know where I could pick them up cheaply in County Galway. Checked a couple places and they are looking for €30 a piece. A bit dear in my book. any help appreciated.

Not sure of the details, but i drove to Tuam at the weekend, and they was a sign for someone selling railway sleepers, not sure where, don't know the town, maybe a local can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

dec25532 wrote: »

kevin burke tyres in athenry used to sell them for 25 euros but i dont know if he still does them.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

There is a place in north east galway. maddens hardware are selling them cheap. Hope that helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

i live beside GREANEY GLASS -NEWELLS, they sell what you want, they have a sign out side saying they sell cheap sleepers. just call newells on the carnmore -monivea road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

mc donoghs in ballybane do them aswell

Advertisement