Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking time from Bus Terminus..?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:52pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I'm working at the UCD/Drogheda game tonight. I need to know how long does it take to walk from the bus terminus(for the number 3 bus) to the Sports Centre/Bowl...?

Thanks in advance...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'd say pretty close to ten minutes on the higher side. I think geographically speaking you're actually better off getting off at the stop on the belfield flyover and cutting through the O Reilly carpark, behind science around the SU centre?

However, is the Bowl a different area?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

errlloyd wrote: »
    I'd say pretty close to ten minutes on the higher side. I think geographically speaking you're actually better off getting off at the stop on the belfield flyover and cutting through the O Reilly carpark, behind science around the SU centre?

However, is the Bowl a different area?

Not 100% sure if its the Bowl I'm heading to. I know its the sports complex on the Clonskeagh Road end of Belfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In that case I am fairly sure, here one sec I'll get a map for you...

ucdcampusmap.jpg

Sorry its a bit crude. The Blue Line is probably 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

If you're getting the 3 I'd suggest asking the driver to let you off at the last stop on Nutley Lane. (beside RTÉ) Cross N11 via traffic lights, head straight up Greenfield Park to UCDs Greenfield Entrance, which is directly adjacent to the bowl, where the match is.

Many thanks to both of you.. That information is great. :)

I was :mad: to see the last 3 leaves Belfield at 21:10... But I can get the 10 I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Maybe walk out the Clonskeagh gate to get an 11/11A? Think they have a similar route to the 3 on northsoyde.

stop wrote: »
    Maybe walk out the Clonskeagh gate to get an 11/11A? Think they have a similar route to the 3 on northsoyde.

Thanks for the suggestion. I took the 3 to RTE and walked in via the Greenfield gate and hey presto I was facing the stadium. Just took me 7 minutes! :)

Advertisement