Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study week- how's yours going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Checking boards.ie for witty updates every 30 mins and looking around the site, who would have thought that the 'Frisbee' or 'Burlesque and Cabaret' forums could be so interesting!;)

Aaaawful study week. Anybody else just seeing it as a week off?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I know nothing this semester and this study week isn't helping.

Im just not motivated. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Spent the last two days typing up notes and realising with horror how unprepared I am. It wouldn't be so bad except that all my exams are back-to-back, so I have pretty much no opportunity to study between exams once they start - unless I decide to forgo sleep for the week.

Really worried about politics. Missing some notes from international politics and still not clear on what comparative was all about.

Yeah I haven't a clue for comparative politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Spent the last two days typing up notes and realising with horror how unprepared I am. It wouldn't be so bad except that all my exams are back-to-back, so I have pretty much no opportunity to study between exams once they start - unless I decide to forgo sleep for the week.

Really worried about politics. Missing some notes from international politics and still not clear on what comparative was all about.

PM sent
    What notes are you missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Kournikova wrote: »

PM sent - breakdown of cp

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Also worried about politics, Only have notes for about 10 of the international lectures and don't have a clue about comparative either, sample questions made me scared! Would very much apreciate it if you could send that breakdown on to me as well littlefriend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Aye, tried study that today myself. Took loads of stupid notes on the formation of democracy etc. Pfft.
    PM sent - breakdown of cp

Cough :pac:

Offside wrote: »
    Also worried about politics, Only have notes for about 10 of the international lectures and don't have a clue about comparative either, sample questions made me scared!

I've no notes for any of them tbh. The International one doesn't look too hard tbh. And if ya went to yer tutorials and done yer assignments, you'll probabl do grand. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Most of this week seems to be going on the exam I have to resit. No, I'm not going to say what the course is, but after three years, 36 different courses, and about the same number of different lecturers, this one stands out as the worst. The worst lecturing (by 3 different lecturers), the worst materials (full of holes, cobbled together from different, contradictory books), on a very difficult theoretical engineering-related topic. Just to add insult to injury: it's a 100% exam course, no continuous assessment, it all comes down to the exam. :mad:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Really should get off this site and start studying. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

Jaysus... is everyone on this forum studying politics?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

deco1610 wrote: »
    Jaysus... is everyone on this forum studying politics?!

God no. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    So far I have two laminated exam timetables- one for my wallet, one for my desk. Lots of notes highlighted in lovely colours but not read. Several Facebook status updates, 2 essays left to write, a clean bedroom and a hideous amount of food consumed.

Anyone else fiercely procrastinating?

Are you really from Dublin 4 or just a d4 wannabe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

This being the internet, I'd say your better off finding out if "she" is really a lady first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I needed a break tonight so took off at half eight. Went to Tesco and spoiled myself with, wait for it, a box of cereal. Pecan and maple syrup clusters! Some say I party too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Given the signature its the sexy i'd be questioning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Chet T16 wrote: »

Reported. Off topic and offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Chet T16 wrote: »

Behave.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I know nothing this semester and this study week isn't helping.

Im just not motivated. :(

I am the same, I am entirely unmotivated.

PM sent
    What notes are you missing?

Can you send me that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Still going rather unsuccessfully. Printed out notes for the topics coming up on my first two exams, along with the past papers, read and highlighted. Not much else and my bran is not retaining any knowledge. Wish my attendance had been better, f*ck all the those coffees with friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I have yet to see somebody sitting near me in the library posting on boards. Nice/awkward moment if you realised the person beside you just responded to your post. Even better if it was a nice bit of flaming going on. Or if it was a flaming hottie :D

God I need to do some actual study!

Watching the latest episode of Survivor on Youtube, so yeah its going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Not going well... I'm only worried about one exam though, feckin organic chemistry.. Gonna have to full the finger out!
    Agreed.. that subject should be banned :mad: Though I'm fuuuked for inorganic too.

Really need to start studying properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Studied the first couple of lectures for Mechanics & Special Relativity yesterday and that's about it. I'm pretty much only studying that until the exam on Tuesday, the rest can wait.

Watching the latest episode of Survivor on Youtube, so yeah its going well :)

Sounds familiar, I am watching a lot of documentaries online, and weirdly, I am reading loads of books, just not the books which will feature on the exams come May.

I had my doubts about going to college but went for it anyway, now I am thinking I was probably wrong to decide to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

15th 16th 17th and 18th century european royalty = all inbred.

I do not think that will get me a good grade for birth of the modern world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well, today was complete write-off. Got nothing done whatsoever. The panic is about to set in, I can feel it.

Advertisement