Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study week- how's yours going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

With the exception of today (I was sick), I've had the most productive week of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I'm freaking out to the point where I think I may start to vomit uncontrollably

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone else doing GRC - Rome's Rise to Empire? Did you get any exam tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I am doing that but I NEED tips, the 9am lectures didn't suit me :) and now I haven't a clue about that module.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Shall I direct thee to this humble thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055899927

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

in the library...close to tears.

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Anyone else doing GRC - Rome's Rise to Empire? Did you get any exam tips?

We got nothing specific, he went through it and gave us general advice which was good but no hints or anything.

The only thing that i picked up from the tutor was that you need to know the timeline, if you dont know general events and dates etc youre in trouble... i.e im in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Anyone get any tips on Modern Europe or Revolution, Reaction, Revision by any remote chance?
    aggghhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Anyone get any tips on Modern Europe or Revolution, Reaction, Revision by any remote chance?
    aggghhhhhh

My modern Europe tutor said that there'd be a question on the two end of cold war theories, Clash of Civilisations and End of History. She said we need to be able to describe the theories and look at the critiscisms of them and compare them to each other. This was hinted at in the lecture as well, however, the reason she said that she was telling us this was because it is a very hard question to do well in! Haven't looked at it yet but gonna have to do work on it.

Otherwise for section one I'm looking at the Age of Discovery and Reformation. For revolution reaction revision I'm just doing two lectures from each half of the course, but don't have a clue what type of questions they're going to ask - wish they'd given us a sample paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

As advanced cardiovascular pharmacology looms ever closer, i get that bit more panicky....but being on boards.ie wont help me learn about hyperlipidemia or nitric oxide in any way shape or form:o

• Advertisement

Offside wrote: »
    My modern Europe tutor said that there'd be a question on the two end of cold war theories, Clash of Civilisations and End of History. She said we need to be able to describe the theories and look at the critiscisms of them and compare them to each other. This was hinted at in the lecture as well, however, the reason she said that she was telling us this was because it is a very hard question to do well in! Haven't looked at it yet but gonna have to do work on it.

Otherwise for section one I'm looking at the Age of Discovery and Reformation. For revolution reaction revision I'm just doing two lectures from each half of the course, but don't have a clue what type of questions they're going to ask - wish they'd given us a sample paper!

thanks so much, thats great. Fairly nervous at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bavaseal

Just wondering did anyone take this module last semester and how they found the final mcq exam?:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Offside wrote: »
    That sounds nasty. Good luck to anyone doing it though. :pac:

I'm focusing on the Reformation and the Cold War for that exam.

That sounds nasty. Good luck to anyone doing it though. :pac:

I'm focusing on the Reformation and the Cold War for that exam.

SP - I got the impression that the Cold War question would be the question 'offside' mentioned on the two end of cold war theories, Clash of Civilisations and End of History
    Am I wrong in this (would love to be)

No, those two theories relate to the post-Cold War period which was covered in the final lecture. The Cold War itself was the previous lecture and covers 1945-89.

Anyone out there doing an all-nighter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

That's it, I haven't done any work, I don't know anything and I am going to fail and drop out. Ah, who could know abject failure could feel so liberating.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Just looked at the Economics and Society past papers, I actually know nothing :( Plus I seem to have no notes for some reason. lol

Aww well thats what you get for procrastination.

First exam tomorrow. If I had a nicer timetable like last semester, I reckon I'd be fine for these exams. But instead I've got 6 exams in 4 days. Not having time to study in between is what's going to kill me. All nighters aren't really an option with exams that close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

should tell ucd how sad your exam timeble is ,professor :(

me final year student has 4 subjects in a row *sob*

• Advertisement

Irish history was grand tonight. One down, 4 left. Finished Monday.

I ended up going into the main RDS arena because that's where I did the exams last semester. Then 10 minutes before the exam I realised that the UCD exams where actually on in RDS simmonscourt. I didn't even know where it was until then. I had to run like the wind and was totally breathless by the time I reached simmonscourt. I think I was the last person to enter the exam hall for the exam, just before they closed the doors. I was lucky.

I guess I just another stupid first year. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

That's it, I haven't done any work, I don't know anything and I am going to fail and drop out. Ah, who could know abject failure could feel so liberating.

Anger

Denial

Acceptance

3 down, 3 to go. The worst two are tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My worst one is tomorrow also.

It's one I failed at Christmas as my car broke down on way to exam and by time I got there someone had already left so they couldn't let me in.

Through assignments I was 3% off passing, now the exam is 100% and broken up into two parts, one of which I'll be grand for, the other I haven't a clue and nothing is coming back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Worst is over, once I survive Saturday I'm on the home stretch (5 days to study for a subject where I'm running an ~85% average in the CA...) :)

Frisbee wrote: »
    My worst one is tomorrow also.

It's one I failed at Christmas as my car broke down on way to exam and by time I got there someone had already left so they couldn't let me in.

Through assignments I was 3% off passing, now the exam is 100% and broken up into two parts, one of which I'll be grand for, the other I haven't a clue and nothing is coming back to me.

Wow that sucks. Good luck tomorrow.

Tomorrow is crap for me too. 2 left after that that should be fairly ok.

Good luck tomorrow sad prof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Dying here for my exams to start! Medical law cannot come quick enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Anger

Denial

Acceptance

Why do people apply these supposed steps in the grieving process to the exams? It makes no sense, and I haven't gone through any of those stages, I am just lazy and unmotivated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Had my first exam today. Went grand, sort of. :pac:

Thanks to littlefriend for the Politics notes!

Advertisement