Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study week- how's yours going?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I just failed GRC - miserably. I waffled for a bit but realised it was futile and gave up. That's what I get for not going to lectures. I'm too tired to care though.

Comparative Politics was terrible I thought. The early questions (from the mostly incomprehensibly part of the course) were nice and broad, but I doubt anyone did them. And some of the later questions were very narrow. The electoral systems question was grand though. I went completely blank on the welfare one and ended up scribbling down in no particular order whatever fragments came back to me. Ugh.

Just one more left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 miglytia

i thought comparative pol was ok, although i didnt even read the other questions ha :D knew electoral systems and welfare states and they were grand :) it seems these questions were quite popular ha. as far as i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Operating Systems from 12-2 tomorrow and then I'm free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Politics was half and half for me! About a page and a half into welfare I realised I really didn't know the topic and had written all I knew. Then I completely changed my answer to say "Well if I was short term unemployed I'd prefer this... but if I was long term unemployed I'd prefer that..." made no sense really with my intro explicitly stating I'd prefer a Liberal welfare state, squeezed a little add on into it in small handwriting, got another page and a half out of that and then legged it out before it hit ten to two!
    Was happy with the electoral systems questions though, wrote a good 7 pages for it and think it was good enough, two exams tomo and then a week break, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Emerging therapies today went miserably bad for me:(

Arrived just as they were closing the doors to the exam hall, couldn't find my seat, was jittery enough by the time they handed out the papers, and when i saw the wording of the questions it just threw me off form altogether. i was sitting there for about 10 minutes before i could put pen to paper, and my answers were all over the place. normally i wouldnt be so upset as its only 1 of 6, but thats not the mentality to have in final year, especially when its the exam you were most prepared for:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

p-nut wrote: »
    Emerging therapies today went miserably bad for me:(

Arrived just as they were closing the doors to the exam hall, couldn't find my seat, was jittery enough by the time they handed out the papers, and when i saw the wording of the questions it just threw me off form altogether. i was sitting there for about 10 minutes before i could put pen to paper, and my answers were all over the place. normally i wouldnt be so upset as its only 1 of 6, but thats not the mentality to have in final year, especially when its the exam you were most prepared for:(

That is very bad luck. Hope it works out ok for you.

I didn't do well today either. My head was all over the place. Have an A in continuous assessment so hopefully I'll get enough to pass the module. Hideous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

The Leinster vs. Munster match is on in the RDS on Saturday, ko at 8. If you're unlucky enough to be in the last exam (6-8) you might want to bring earplugs. I'd imagine there'll be a bit of noise from the pre-match build-up...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Finding it very hard to actually make myself study for my last exam. Financial Maths is piss easy and it's still 3 days away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

FINITO! Woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

4 down 2 to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Reincarbonated

WeeBushy wrote: »
    The Leinster vs. Munster match is on in the RDS on Saturday, ko at 8. If you're unlucky enough to be in the last exam (6-8) you might want to bring earplugs. I'd imagine there'll be a bit of noise from the pre-match build-up...

Brilliant... Haha, but on the bright side, sure it'll only add to the atmosphere when we get out!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vonnie10

Eugh tell me you're not serious, I have my last exam then :( Not too worried about the noise more the fact that people will be outside enjoying themselves while i try and pluck microbiology essays out of thin air ... Still it's a tradition of mine not to finish til the last exam. In my three years here i've never finished before 6-8 on the last day except for one christmas when i finished 3-5 on the last day !!! Maybe next year ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Oh, marvellous - I have a Computer Science exam at that time. I'm hoping the exam won't be too bad, and I can get out early ...

Four down, two to go. One went as I expected, and the other three went better than I expected, so I have no cause for complaint this year. A good thing too, since this session decides what kind of degree I am awarded next month. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I've Quantative Econ on Friday. Til then, nowt. Just home from Student Bar :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I've Quantative Econ on Friday. Til then, nowt. Just home from Student Bar :cool:

I've that aswell, fairly fooked for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

4 down and 4 to go ! :( all my room mates are finished !! FML !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

3 down, 2 to go. Both of them are tomorrow. One more push of studying tonight is all for 4 whole months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

3 down, 3 to go.
    Macro economics tomorrow at 6
    Quants Friday at 12
    Social Psych Sat at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I've that aswell, fairly fooked for it!

If thats introduction to quant economics then its one of the easiest modules in UCD. If you can't do that Economics is not for you.

1 left for me Intermediate Quants tomorrow at 3.

I reckon I'll be dropping Economics for next year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

...and I'm done. Just my masters thesis to do and then I'm finally out of UCD forever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    If thats introduction to quant economics then its one of the easiest modules in UCD. If you can't do that Economics is not for you.

1 left for me Intermediate Quants tomorrow at 3.

Economics is not for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

Only Interwar Europe left on Saturday then finished :) studying will start... tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Had Thermal Physics & Materials today, went well. That means only "Methods for Physicists" left tomorrow and then freedom for the summer. Roll on 11 tomorrow morning. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Quants tomorrow as well, unfortunatly I don't really have much choice to drop it for next year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

+1 on dropping economics for next year. Really different to what I thought it would be.

kateos2 wrote: »
    +1 on dropping economics for next year. Really different to what I thought it would be.

Aye, Ivan's sample lecture was cool. Pity about the rest of the year though.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

If you don't like maths, do yourselves (and the lecturers) a favour by dropping the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Thing is, I loved intro to Macro and micro. Got A+s in both of them

When it hit the maths of graphing and ****, I can't hack it. I understand it all in english, but I'm woeful at the maths

Anyone know of any economics electives that arent all that maths based?
    I did economics of social policy and thought that was brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Thing is, I loved intro to Macro and micro. Got A+s in both of them

When it hit the maths of graphing and ****, I can't hack it. I understand it all in english, but I'm woeful at the maths

Anyone know of any economics electives that arent all that maths based?
    I did economics of social policy and thought that was brilliant

Economics and Society.
    Intermediate Macro and lots of other level 2 ones. However there is just as many that are all maths. Inter Micro is entirely maths based for instance.

Advertisement