Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's it worth? (D70+gear valuation)

• 26-04-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭

I've run this past the mods and they are happy with me posting it.

I am about to sell my Nikon D70 and associated gear on adverts.ie, but have absolutely no idea what price to suggest.

I have no idea how this stuff depreciates, but I've looked up the new prices and assuming the body has depreciated to 35% and the rest 50%, I get:

Nikon D70 body, charger + 2 batteries, D90 is €720 new, so maybe €250 used
    Nikon AF-S 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G (kit lens), £170 new, €100 used
    Nikon Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 G, £80 new, €50 used
    Nikon Nikkor AF 50mm 1:1.8 D, £100 new, €60 used
    1GB CF card, €20 new, €10 used
    Nikon Speedlight SB-600 flash unit, £250 new, €150 used
    Lens hood

So that's about €620 added up, or a bit less as a package. Is that unrealistic?

Again, I am not selling on this thread, and not trying to drum up interest for the sale. I just need help with pricing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You could have a look at Buy It Now prices on eBay to get a feel for what they're going for e.g.

D70 bodies seem to range from (GBP) £140 to £180.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

I don't know much about Nikon prices, but my guess is that you might get a bit less for the body and a bit more for some of the lenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks for the responses. I did a bit of "buy it now" searching on ebay, and got:

Nikon D70 Digital SLR Camera Body & Charger, €193+€30 shipping (€223)
    Nikon AF-S 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G (kit lens), €150+€15 shipping (€165)
    Nikon Nikkor AF 70-300mm, €96+€9 shipping (€105)
    Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8, €86+€23 shipping (€109)
    Nikon Speedlight SB-600 flash unit, €229+€12 shipping (€241)
    ----
    €843

It was a bit difficult to see whether the stuff on ebay was new or used (except for the body, which is presumably only available used), but I guess I might have to discount those a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

250 Looks to be about right for the D70 -you could advertise higher, but I suspect a selling price of 200-250 would be fair.

The 18-70, 120-150 would be where I'd price it, maybe accept 100 if you're happy with that :)

70-300 seems a good price as is

Nifty 50, I'd stick it up for 85ish, should be some interest at that

-all non-scientific advice by the way, and really, they're worth what someone will offer you -much like second hand bikes!

Thanks Tiny.

One more (numpty) question...

I've ordered a micro 4/3 camera, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 with 20mm lens - the idea is to get something more portable with video recording - but will any of this stuff (particularly the flash unit) work with this new camera?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Lumen wrote: »
    Thanks Tiny.

One more (numpty) question...

I've ordered a micro 4/3 camera, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 with 20mm lens - the idea is to get something more portable with video recording - but will any of this stuff (particularly the flash unit) work with this new camera?

Not 100% sure, but the Flash should fit, and fire on the Panasonic, but you lose access to many of the auto functions. Another option would be a cheap slave trigger for the SB600, and use it off-camera triggered off the inbuilt flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

You definitely should ask for more than €60 for the 50mm. I would go €90 ono.
    There have been a fair few SB600s on sale on adverts in the past. You should have no problem getting €150, maybe ask for a little more and come down.
    I personally would keep the flash and get a cheap set of radio triggers and set it manually. It will work fine. I have used an SB600 that way with a Panasonic LX3 and it works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

davmigil wrote: »
    I personally would keep the flash and get a cheap set of radio triggers and set it manually. It will work fine. I have used an SB600 that way with a Panasonic LX3 and it works great.

agreed. The sb600 is a fine flash - I use one in conjunction with an sb800 and they make a great team :) I use cactus4 triggers/receivers, available at

www.cameratools.nl

H

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Neasha

Lumen wrote: »
    I've run this past the mods and they are happy with me posting it.

I am about to sell my Nikon D70 and associated gear on adverts.ie, but have absolutely no idea what price to suggest.

I have no idea how this stuff depreciates, but I've looked up the new prices and assuming the body has depreciated to 35% and the rest 50%, I get:

Nikon D70 body, charger + 2 batteries, D90 is €720 new, so maybe €250 used
    Nikon AF-S 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G (kit lens), £170 new, €100 used
    Nikon Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 G, £80 new, €50 used
    Nikon Nikkor AF 50mm 1:1.8 D, £100 new, €60 used
    1GB CF card, €20 new, €10 used
    Nikon Speedlight SB-600 flash unit, £250 new, €150 used
    Lens hood

So that's about €620 added up, or a bit less as a package. Is that unrealistic?

Again, I am not selling on this thread, and not trying to drum up interest for the sale. I just need help with pricing.

That is the most realistic and fair summery of a kit dude.
    Theres alot of dreamers on adverts when it come to there kits. But that is a really fair one.

Best of luck selling it.

Thanks for all the help. The ad is up here.

Mods, feel free to close this thread now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement