Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking my 5800

Options
  • 26-04-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

I'm on the verge of getting a used 5800XM, its locked to Vodafone but i use meteor so i'll have to get it unlocked obviously

I'm in Cork so what are my unlocking options, i know theres a shop on south Main street and i've a feeling they would charge 30/35€ to get it done and this is a bit more than i would have wanted to pay.

Another thing is that i dont even have a vodafone sim to turn it on with, does this rule, just getting an unlock code online, out?

http://www.mobileunlockingcodes.com/?gclid=COv0suOvpKECFSU8lAodcyPFyA

This site sells codes for about 4€ apparently. Has anyone used them before? Am i able to use them in my scenario?

I'm new to unlocking phones so please forgive my ignorance!

Thanks for any help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

meh rang that shop in cork that does it and said they'd do it for €20, i mentioned about the sl3 extra security thing, and the fella didnt seem too bothered and said it would still be €20, hopefully it will be, i'm not sure if the phone will have the sl3 lock or not but if it did getting it unlocked for €20 would be great! :)

Advertisement