Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironchef UK

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Starts this evening @ 5pm on Channel 4 - Channel 135 for those with Sky.

It might be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It's a cringefest. That presenter is just far too over the top. The US version is also, but nothing compared to this. The only "Iron Chef" that i had even heard of was the guy cooking last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

The japanese version- which I think is the original, is much better. Thought last night's was pretty crap! And the iron chefs aren't wouldn't have been my choice of chefs to get on the show ! Would have preferred someone like Marco Pierre White, or Gordon Ramsey !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

The original Japanese version is the best. The UK version is terrible and the US one is in between them. The presenter/chairman is supposed to be over the top, in the original version he's played by a very good actor.

But the whole high energy, mad-cap pace of the show, from the chefs to the commentators had been heavily watered down in the UK version, so it's quite sluggish and boring. Watch the original episodes on YouTube, they're really much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Totally agree, snoredom. The presenter is the guy who won a competition on BBC2 a few years back to be the new "big" wine expert. He occasionally pops up on Saturday Kitchen.

Advertisement