Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free training sites?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey,

do you know some good pages where I can train?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

You can find alot of places just by putting learn poker into google or something like that. Here is one I found: http://www.partypoker.com/how_to_play/ or http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/handRankHigh.php

I personally think the best way to learn is to play it for free on sites like facebook or tagged. Both sites poker run by Zynga. All you really need to know is what hands beat what at the start.

Note, playing for free online like these sites will make you pick up bad habbits later on if you ever decide to play in real life games. Free online play is of course different to real money. But it is an excellent starting ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I'd definitely advise playing for free before playing with real money.
    If you haven't played holdem before you'll learn a huge amount at play money tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

try pokertrikz.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TheVoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 richard.

Or else register on a poker site and play in freerolls, good way to learn and a lot more exciting than play money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 paulportoloive

facebook poker - easy and free - will learn by your mistakes - easy game - dont understand how people think it skill - it pure luck on what cards you get and 5 face up cards! only other part is to bluff - and for real money tables - hmmm i learn hard way - need to be willing to call and raise even if you have crap hand - :pac::cool::P:confused::eek::(:mad::):rolleyes::p:o;):Dtaaa daaaaaaaaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

facebook poker - easy and free - will learn by your mistakes - easy game - dont understand how people think it skill - it pure luck on what cards you get and 5 face up cards! only other part is to bluff - and for real money tables - hmmm i learn hard way - need to be willing to call and raise even if you have crap hand - :pac::cool::P:confused::eek::(:mad::):rolleyes::p:o;):Dtaaa daaaaaaaaaaaa

Good man Paul, the more people that play and think like you the more nice things i can buy myself.

sure tilt whatever - why? i guess your another one these oh it a full on skill game - football is a skill - to be able to curl the ball etc.... poker - your given cards - best possible hand wins - how is it not pure luck???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PokerManAA

I would Advise you to go to Poker Strategy.............

only winding him up - 50/50 game - skill and luck but i seem to always get the bad end the luck....

• Advertisement

another quick question though - what sites would you refer me to play on - tried one or two but dont like them! looking for another one or two to try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

What sites did you try?

full tilt poker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Try Paddy Power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 carlowpoker

Lots of Free Info available on web...Look at paid sites then google or search YouTube for FREE SAMPLE videos

Be surprised how many out there from $400/hr coaches even!!

Advertisement