Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Nicholas Abbey Ante Post

• 26-04-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to do an ante post double on above for 2000 guineas and Derby and take the 13/8 and 7/4 offered, or would a bookies consider this as related bets ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Its a related bet - not accepted.

Im sure they have a special double odds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

10-3 with PP

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Very poor considering the true odds are 6.23/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭larsson7

I'd say its a 13/8 and evens double making it just over 4/1 so yeah bad value.
    I'm sure somewhere will offer evens the Derby if it wins at the weekend although I'm sure there will be plenty of odds on quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

Warper wrote: »
    Its a related bet - not accepted.

Im sure they have a special double odds though.

What is a related bet anyway?? Never heard of this before:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Seanohea

Get on nick abbey on Saturday, not great value considering first run of the season, and o'brien with 3 horses in the race but I think he'll win and go on to give o'brien a great summer. Awzaan is a great bet e/w, I think he's bound to finish in the first 3

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I think Canford Cliffs will beat him to be honest. Better value anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Seanohea

I'm not sure about candied cliffs, he doesnt seem to get the mile, I don't like the way he veers left, he seems like a tough ride for Richard hughes. With Richard Hills talking more highly of Awzaan over Arcano, there's a good line there against canford cliffs, with Arcano beating him last year in Deauville. Of course Arcano isn't running in the Guineas, but hills would still be on Awzaan either way.
    I think the only negative thing about St. Nicholas Abbey, is that it's his first race of the season, you're trusting he's at least as fit as he possibly can be, although he definetley will come on for the run as O'Briens always do.
    I love this time of the year, the flat season is really starting to take off, Chester is coming up and the Derby trials, you can't beat it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

I've backed Canford Cliffs antepost @ 6/1. I'm still happy enough with the bet despite his second last time out. He's ridiculously overpriced at 9s imo. He's got a big advantage over st nick having had a run. Hughesie says he's come on for the run and that'll do for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

ondarack wrote: »
    What is a related bet anyway?? Never heard of this before:confused:

Its when the outcome of one event affects the outcome of the other. Eg you cannot take separate prices on say Kerry to win the All-Ireland quarter-final and for Kerry to win Sam as the outcome of the q/f affects them winning Sam.
    You could back them as singles but you cannot double them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I don't see canford cliffs staying the mile either but no doubt
    he'll be well in front 2 out

Advertisement