Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking by the mardyke/fitzgeralds park

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me if it's easy to get a parking space near fitzgeralds park around 8pm? i'm a learner driver and i have this class i'm going to in the mardyke and was thinking of driving but would be nervous about parking in busy areas or that i wouldn't get a parking space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me if it's easy to get a parking space near fitzgeralds park around 8pm? i'm a learner driver and i have this class i'm going to in the mardyke and was thinking of driving but would be nervous about parking in busy areas or that i wouldn't get a parking space.

if its in the Mardyke arena you should be able to get parking.. if you dont mind a 5 minute walk you could park in the park n ride car park across from appartments on straight road or else in church car park across from mardyke if its open

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

corkcomp wrote: »
    if its in the Mardyke arena you should be able to get parking.. if you dont mind a 5 minute walk you could park in the park n ride car park across from appartments on straight road or else in church car park across from mardyke if its open

Ya i was thinking of staying away from car parks as i'm not used to parking in them so was thinking about you know before you come to fitzgeralds park there are a few spaces there - i wonder would that be busy at that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Ya i was thinking of staying away from car parks as i'm not used to parking in them so was thinking about you know before you come to fitzgeralds park there are a few spaces there - i wonder would that be busy at that time...

You should be Ok getting a spot in the section just before Fitzgeralds park. In case you're unaware, if you drive all the way up past the Mardyke you'll have to do a full 360 degree turn to come back down (I think). I'm sure there's no through road there. Along the Fitzgeralds park road there are 2 types of spaces, ones which you drive straight in to and ones where you can parallel park...so the choice is yours :)

You'll be fine once you do it once, my advice is to just go do it. You'll feel much better after you've done it once or twice...we all had to learn sometime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

just beware that it is disc parking in that area. the last thing you need is a flipping parket ticket ;)

just beware that it is disc parking in that area. the last thing you need is a flipping parket ticket ;)

Even at 8 pm? I'm not contradicting you as I don't live in the city, but do you still have to put up a parking disc at that time? Harsh if you do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Even at 8 pm? I'm not contradicting you as I don't live in the city, but do you still have to put up a parking disc at that time? Harsh if you do...

no defo not at 8 pm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's on street parking right outside the Mardyke Arena, if you continue past Fitzgerald's Park. It's technically parallel parking, but it'll be very quite there so you can just drive in to a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys thanks for all the help! I did it last night anyway - was ****ting myself but i got out there and back in one piece! There was plenty of parking but i was so nervous i parked way up by fitzgeralds park when i could have gone down much further nearer to mardyke! Didn't matter anyway cos the class was full when i got there:mad:! So just went for a walk to lee fields instead! Still was a good experience! Oh and its free parking definitely after like 6.30 i think:)

I did it last night anyway - was ****ting myself but i got out there and back in one piece! There was plenty of parking but i was so nervous i parked way up by fitzgeralds park when i could have gone down much further nearer to mardyke!

Good on ye! Hope the next time won't be as stressful for you...and that the class isn't full either ;)

Advertisement