Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpentry Price MEATH

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    Have just started building a story and a half (2750 sq ft) house in meath.
    Have got one quote from a carpenter for 9000,labour for roof alone
    At this stage I havnt looked into carpentry prices much so not sure if this is a reasonable price.

Looking to get a few more quotes for whole job,or suggestions as to how much total price will be with carpenter supplying materials.
    PM if you want to quote.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

Just a guideline of what I spent, the carpenter I got is very precise and top notch, so I paid a good bit more than my lowest quote.

CutString Stairs (3 Flights) : 6400
    Kitchen (Solid Oak Shaker) : 6400
    Kitchen Worktop (Granite or Quartz) : 3000
    Utility (Laminate, includes worktop & sink) : 1200
    Doors, Skirting & Architraves : 9500
    Window Reveals (Architrave around the windows) : 2500
    Paneling (hall only) : 1500
    3x Wardrobes : 2500
    Vanity Unit : 800
    Flooring : (67sqm engineered, 97sqm laminate) : 2800
    Front Door : 4800
    Landing : 1200

These included all materials, staining, plastering where required etc.

The Architrave is a 6" architrave with a 4" architrave together, and some machining to give extra detail. I did think it was very expensive but you would have to see the end results to understand why it's that bit extra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Same old story you pay for what you get.
    I know a woman who got a door fitted for 35 euro (She asked me but I was away) when I came back she asked me to have a look @ it and I had to put it into a skip this so called carpenter made a s**t of the door (1 thing is when the mouse can fit under the door its another when the cat can follow) so just a word to the wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Carpenter09

pm sent

Advertisement