Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin bus routes/Changes to Bus routes

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I got the 37 before all this bad weather and not at peak and it took 1hr 20 mins pretty consistently. Less walking than the train though. So it all adds up.

I'd say traffic backed up this evening as they closed most of the park, which always causes tailbacks in all directions. It was very slippy which also slowed everything down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

38A took 2 hours from Baggot St to Snugborough Road tonight, got in at 7.30 just when it had started snowing. Not sure what was up, most of the delay approaching the NCR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Leo Varadkar's meeting with DB management in the near future to discuss the deterioration of the bus service in D15 since the network review commenced so send him an email if you want to get specific issues across.

How has it got worse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Read many of the threads in the Commuting and Transport forum. Punctuality for many, if not all, of the bus routes has deteriorated, departures not running and other nuances.

Ah I thought I missed something in this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

These days, an average of 3 "out of service" buses pass me by any time I try to get a bus. That's since the Network Direct changes came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Strange one tonight - a 39A at about 6.20pm that had City Centre as its final destination. Not too unusual perhaps?, except that this one only started out in Baggot Street!
    I confirmed it with the driver in case it was a mistake, but no, it was true.

How are the buses doing in the snow, especially the 37?

Have to go into town tomorrow. Wondering if train or bus is best, which is least delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Strange one tonight - a 39A at about 6.20pm that had City Centre as its final destination. Not too unusual perhaps?, except that this one only started out in Baggot Street!
    I confirmed it with the driver in case it was a mistake, but no, it was true.

I got one of those yesterday. It's about re-positioning buses and moving some people. They are usually followed very closely by a full route bus.
    BostonB wrote: »
    How are the buses doing in the snow, especially the 37?

Have to go into town tomorrow. Wondering if train or bus is best, which is least delayed.

Absolutely the train. They may be slightly delayed but journey time is pretty close to normal. Buses I have been on this week have taken 2-4 hours :o

So far I've got the train twice and its taken an hour longer than normal. Perhaps I was just unlucky. I've a bit more walking to do with the train. I'll see how it is in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

On a 39a this morning and at hanlons corner it turned left.

It is currently running the 38 route to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I got the 39A at 6:20, never met a driver like that one; I get on at one of the first stops, unfortunately the bus passed me at the entrance to me estate but I figured if I sprinted (with a pretty heavy bag) I might just make the stop if there were a few people waiting for the bus, anyway the driver say me running and pulled in well before the stop so I could get on, he made a point of flashing people (his lights folks!!) if they were walking towards a stop in case they wanted the bus.
    Nicest driver I've ever seen, so I made a point of getting his attention and saying thanks as I was getting off in town.

Advertisement