Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin bus routes/Changes to Bus routes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anything exciting come out of either Joan Burton's meeting or the exhibition in Blanchardstown SC last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I'll also be going to the Centre to voice my concerns.

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

re route 220 it is going to be a major loss it is not been replaced by the 17a as the 17a is only been extended to the hospital.dublin bus only confirmed today that 220 is gone and if you want to get to the likes of blanchardstown hospital from finglas or ladyswell that you can walk or use 2 buses great for elderly people wheelchair users apparently route 220 is not used and runs empty all day ive never seen it empty.also the people of finglas and ballymun do not know that the 220 is been scrapped and will only find out the day after it ceases as it is not mentioned on the website.after all the changes are d15 only and nobody outside these areas will be affected by the changes.also fas in poppintree is still telling people that they can get to the centre via route 220 for couses as they have not been told it is withdrawn with no other alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

the faqs have been updated to state the 38A will now operate off-peak as well as peak but at off-peak hours it will serve blanchardstown village

also just wondering does anyone think it might be worth having an inbound stop for the 38A and 39A near the village juntion on the bypass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The 38a used to stop at the Bus Eireann bus stop on the bypass just after the Blanchardstown Roundabout... not sure if it does anymore.

• Advertisement

Yep it's still being used for the 38a and 39a as far as I know.

Think the problem with inbound is there is actually nowhere safe to stop on that side of the bypass... unless they were able to put a stop in beside Total Fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

They are being very quiet about the 220, aren't they?

I can't speak to midday time, but in the mornings and evenings the bus is running with full loads of people. Even moreso during the schoolyear, when the full effect will be felt.

Is the 40d now going to avoid Blanch corporate park? Seems it'll run just south of it. Lots of people in the corporate park and down by PayPal take that bus into town. Makes a lot of sense for it to pass through there, where the passengers are, than run down a country road everyone will have to run to get to.

The lack of a bus service up to where the majority of people in Blanch work is a bit silly. The 236 and some busses that run kinda-nearby.

These are cuts, and it sounds silly that they try and put them forward as improvements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nijmegen wrote: »

These are cuts, and it sounds silly that they try and put them forward as improvements.

Yeah, whoever decided to package 25% less buses on the street as being an improvement needs to go to a different PR course that the one he/she attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

They are being very quiet about the 220, aren't they?

Well.. not really, it's in the plan that the 220 is going to be scrapped. Can't say I mind, the route is ridiculous going around and around, it must be one of the least reliable buses ever. The new route looks much more useful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Think the problem with inbound is there is actually nowhere safe to stop on that side of the bypass... unless they were able to put a stop in beside Total Fitness?

Well this is the only Pedestrian Crossing on the bypass so it would be the only option.

Can't see a whole load of benefit though, certainly not for the 38A as this already stops at the end of the Snugborough Road which is as close to the village as Total Fitness. I suppose the 39A is different but again the shopping centre is close enough to the village?

Polar101 wrote: »
    Well.. not really, it's in the plan that the 220 is going to be scrapped. Can't say I mind, the route is ridiculous going around and around, it must be one of the least reliable buses ever. The new route looks much more useful.

No it doesn't! It's cutting out a big chunk of the journey from Corduff, Huntstown, Hartstown and Ladyswell (and don't even joke about Ladyswell being a kip anyway hahaha, because some of the users on this forum live there and the majority of us are treated like lepers because of a few bad people.)

There are a LOT of people from Mulhuddart that use the 220 to get to Connolly Hospital and to Cappagh Hospital for appointments and a lot of school kids who use it to get to school in Huntstown, Hartstown and Finglas. They're cutting a vital bus route for a lot of people and not even laying on a connection to Connolly Hospital or the Blanchardstown Centre (238 seems to be getting cut also) for them.

During the morning time it runs every half hour, and unless I'm mistaken from speaking to some employees, it has quite a few people by the time it gets to the centre (not bad, considering it starts in Ladyswell) and runs regularly and on time each morning.

The thing about the routes is, they'll suit some, but not others.

Also, there's been more confusion over the 220 (will they, won't they) than any other bus I've heard about.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Well this is the only Pedestrian Crossing on the bypass so it would be the only option.

Can't see a whole load of benefit though, certainly not for the 38A as this already stops at the end of the Snugborough Road which is as close to the village as Total Fitness. I suppose the 39A is different but again the shopping centre is close enough to the village?

The point of a stop near total fitness is to provide access to these buses from blanchardstown village. The 39 and 38 will be fairly cutback. i reckon thats the reason why off peak 38as will now go via the village.

For the 38a inbound currently there is no stop between the n3 and the esso garage on the navan road. For the 39a there is no stop between whitestown (soon to be shopping centre) and the esso garage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So when exactly are these changes coming into effect? I know they've said July but we're over a third of the way through the month now. And I'd rather not walk down to Dunboyne village to get my bus only to find out when I get there the timetable changed and it left 5 minutes ago...

it has quite a few people by the time it gets to the centre (not bad, considering it starts in Ladyswell) and runs regularly and on time each morning.

Well.. I'd argue against "on time", it does run every morning but I need a more reliable service than the 8:00 and 8:45 (from Ladyswell). Don't want to wait 10-30 minutes at the stop for the bus. So now I'm using 2 buses instead, even though the 220 pretty much goes between my home and workplace.

Never seen more than 1 person get off at the hospital on the 220.

No it doesn't! It's cutting out a big chunk of the journey from Corduff, Huntstown, Hartstown and Ladyswell (and don't even joke about Ladyswell being a kip anyway hahaha, because some of the users on this forum live there and the majority of us are treated like lepers because of a few bad people.)

There are a LOT of people from Mulhuddart that use the 220 to get to Connolly Hospital and to Cappagh Hospital for appointments and a lot of school kids who use it to get to school in Huntstown, Hartstown and Finglas. They're cutting a vital bus route for a lot of people and not even laying on a connection to Connolly Hospital or the Blanchardstown Centre (238 seems to be getting cut also) for them.

Did you discuss this with Dublin Bus at the open evening at the Blanchardstown centre and the lack of a direct link to the shopping centre from Ladyswell?

I'm just curious to see what your feedback was?

Maybe they will put on a schools service to cover the schoolchildren?

It does look from that change to the 38a that they are in some way listening to what people are asking for.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    So when exactly are these changes coming into effect? I know they've said July but we're over a third of the way through the month now. And I'd rather not walk down to Dunboyne village to get my bus only to find out when I get there the timetable changed and it left 5 minutes ago...

No word yet - but I'm sure that given the scale of the changes there will be plenty of notice given.

They have to get NTA approval and get agreement on revised driver rosters before they can proceed, and I'd imagine that process is in train.

Well.. I'd argue against "on time", it does run every morning but I need a more reliable service than the 8:00 and 8:45 (from Ladyswell). Don't want to wait 10-30 minutes at the stop for the bus. So now I'm using 2 buses instead, even though the 220 pretty much goes between my home and workplace.

Never seen more than 1 person get off at the hospital on the 220.
    My car was in for a few days and I said feck it, take the bus. Got the 0725 on the Clonsilla road, 50% full and at least five or six got off at Blanch Hospital each day for a week.

KC61 wrote: »
    Did you discuss this with Dublin Bus at the open evening at the Blanchardstown centre and the lack of a direct link to the shopping centre from Ladyswell?

I'm just curious to see what your feedback was?

Maybe they will put on a schools service to cover the schoolchildren?

It does look from that change to the 38a that they are in some way listening to what people are asking for.

I didn't actually get to go to the open evening, my daughter had an accident with her eye the week before and we were sucked up with appointments in Temple Street hospital unfortunately. Otherwise I would have gone.

I went to school in Finglas for 6 years and the schools service they had was horribly unreliable. It only picked us up in the evening time and sometimes never bothered to even turn up.

• Advertisement

I didn't actually get to go to the open evening, my daughter had an accident with her eye the week before and we were sucked up with appointments in Temple Street hospital unfortunately. Otherwise I would have gone.

I went to school in Finglas for 6 years and the schools service they had was horribly unreliable. It only picked us up in the evening time and sometimes never bothered to even turn up.

Well I hope that your daughter's ok!

KC61 wrote: »
    Well I hope that your daughter's ok!

She's fine now, there was a little damage to her cornea, (liquid detergent in her eye), but it seems to be healing ok!!

Thanks for the concern!

My car was in for a few days and I said feck it, take the bus. Got the 0725 on the Clonsilla road, 50% full and at least five or six got off at Blanch Hospital each day for a week.

Yup, but if I lived in Ladyswell, I'd only be so happy with a bus service that gets me to Corduff in 35 minutes. The point is, with the current 220 route as it is, providing a worse service will be a challenge.

You can get the 38 or 38a to Corduff in less than ten minutes. So why would you even bother with the 220 for that. Maybe if the cut it so it bypassed the village or even just kept it as a peak service, when it's actually busy it would work better.

You can get the 38 or 38a to Corduff in less than ten minutes. So why would you even bother with the 220 for that. Maybe if the cut it so it bypassed the village or even just kept it as a peak service, when it's actually busy it would work better.

Yes.. in 35 minutes you've only gotten as far as Corduff (from Lady's well), which is silly. I don't know where most people travelling on the bus go to - but it's a really slow service because of the circular route in the D15 end. It doesn't bother me that it goes to the (Blanch) hospital, but because the right turn from the hospital road to Blanch village main street (traffic lights outside the Vineyard pub) can take 10-15 minutes, that ruins the timetable.

If the 220 is scrapped, it does affect me since I do use the bus quite often, but the new 17a looks better to me since it's a more direct route and seems to be running more frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I used to get the 39x bus to UCD from Blanch village. So if thats gone its now the 39a.

Can anyone tell me where exactly is the stop on the bypass?Im confused. I live in Waterville so im wondering is it easier to get it from the Centre or there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

If the 220 is scrapped, it does affect me since I do use the bus quite often, but the new 17a looks better to me since it's a more direct route and seems to be running more frequently.

The 220 is an awful service, nearly untimeable if you are not close to the terminus. I used to get it to go to finglas but I started getting the 40d which is quite a good service but if I remember right they're scrapping that as well.
    anniehoo wrote: »
    I used to get the 39x bus to UCD from Blanch village. So if thats gone its now the 39a.

Can anyone tell me where exactly is the stop on the bypass?Im confused. I live in Waterville so im wondering is it easier to get it from the Centre or there?
    Dublin Bus wrote:
    The redesigned Route 39a will operate from Ongar to UCD Belfield via St. Stephen’s Green but will include Hazelbury Park, Rosedale, Manorfields, Latchford, Ravenwood and Allendale. It will also operate on the new Ongar Link Road operating via Hartstown/Huntstown and the Blanchardstown Centre but will travel on the N3, bypassing Blanchardstown village which will save up to 20 minutes per trip for customers travelling from Ongar/West Blanchardstown into the City Centre. The customers in these areas will now have access to up to 100 trips a day each way with bus departures every 10 minutes at peak times.

If I were in your shoes, I'd head to the centre to get the bus.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

kenon wrote: »
    If I were in your shoes, I'd head to the centre to get the bus.
    Ok cheers! Wheres the stop in the Centre? Sorry..i dont get the bus that frequently so bit clueless :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yellow entrance...I think. Not too sure myself.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

The 39a doesn't go through the centre, it "bypasses" the centre and Blanch Village, down the motorway.
    From the Dublin Bus web site.
    "a Via Blanchardstown bypass Monday to Friday and does not serve Blanchardstown Village or Shopping Centre (Route 39a)"
    It goes down the N3.
    If you check the DUBLIN BUS web site for the 39a there is a map showing all the stops.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/39ac/
    Wouldn't want to be standing at the centre waiting for one now, would we :P

Advertisement