Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin bus routes/Changes to Bus routes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

from the 25th (or whatever date its introduced) it WILL serve the centre and the new ongar road not clonsilla village.

If i was to hazard a guess id say it will be pc world or opposite ebays offices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

The 39a doesn't go through the centre, it "bypasses" the centre and Blanch Village, down the motorway.
    From the Dublin Bus web site.
    "a Via Blanchardstown bypass Monday to Friday and does not serve Blanchardstown Village or Shopping Centre (Route 39a)"
    It goes down the N3.
    If you check the DUBLIN BUS web site for the 39a there is a map showing all the stops.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/39ac/
    Wouldn't want to be standing at the centre waiting for one now, would we :P

This is talking about the new 39a.
    The redesigned Route 39a will operate from Ongar to UCD Belfield via St. Stephen’s Green but will include Hazelbury Park, Rosedale, Manorfields, Latchford, Ravenwood and Allendale. It will also operate on the new Ongar Link Road operating via Hartstown/Huntstown and the Blanchardstown Centre but will travel on the N3, bypassing Blanchardstown village which will save up to 20 minutes per trip for customers travelling from Ongar/West Blanchardstown into the City Centre. The customers in these areas will now have access to up to 100 trips a day each way with bus departures every 10 minutes at peak times.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

anniehoo wrote: »
    I used to get the 39x bus to UCD from Blanch village. So if thats gone its now the 39a.

Can anyone tell me where exactly is the stop on the bypass?Im confused. I live in Waterville so im wondering is it easier to get it from the Centre or there?

The 39X is still operating.

However it is proposed to replace it with a new re-routed and extended 39A that will operate through the Blanchardstown Centre and then out onto the N3 and will operate to UCD.

These changes have not come into effect yet, but I'm sure that notice will be given in advance due to the significant nature of the changes of where stops will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

Hey, my friends told me that the 27 route is being changed. Anyone hear anything about that? Sorry if you said it. On my iPod and I searches the thread and there was no results for the 27.

Not yet, you will be waiting a while but there are plans to merge it with the 77. All could change though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Caught wrote: »
    Hey, my friends told me that the 27 route is being changed. Anyone hear anything about that? Sorry if you said it. On my iPod and I searches the thread and there was no results for the 27.

Probably a question more suited to the Commuting & Transport thread on this subject, this is a thread about the Dublin 15 changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If these new routes and timetables really are being introduced on the 25th, then where the hell are the new timetables published? There's no sign of them on Dublin Bus' website...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

TheChrisD wrote: »
    If these new routes and timetables really are being introduced on the 25th, then where the hell are the new timetables published? There's no sign of them on Dublin Bus' website...

One of the worst websites I've ever had to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Based on previous experiences, it will be published on the web site about 4 months after the changes have been made.

No way they can start this on the 25th I don't think..

Pushed back to the end of august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

seriously?! :( why?!

Well given that they're too ****e to give passengers enough notice about it, obviously that had to push it back to avoid the blushes of people coming out to get their buses on Monday morning only to find the routes and timetables drastically altered...:mad:

The reason they gave when i was on th e phone to them was because of the amount of complaints they are still going through!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

complaints about what?! grrrrr!!

Was talking to someone from db last week.

They were saying they got so much feedback they are reviewing the whole process. We could be waiting a while!

thomasj wrote: »
    They were saying they got so much feedback they are reviewing the whole process. We could be waiting a while!

Oh bloody hell, can they at least not just enact those changes to the damn 70 already. I'm sick of the current departure times and the length between them as it is. Sure the newly proposed service isn't much better, but it's still 10 minutes less between at peak times...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

No it doesn't! It's cutting out a big chunk of the journey from Corduff, Huntstown, Hartstown and Ladyswell (and don't even joke about Ladyswell being a kip anyway hahaha, because some of the users on this forum live there and the majority of us are treated like lepers because of a few bad people.)

There are a LOT of people from Mulhuddart that use the 220 to get to Connolly Hospital and to Cappagh Hospital for appointments and a lot of school kids who use it to get to school in Huntstown, Hartstown and Finglas. They're cutting a vital bus route for a lot of people and not even laying on a connection to Connolly Hospital or the Blanchardstown Centre (238 seems to be getting cut also) for them.

the 220 cut is mentioned nowhere in the plan in fact it only materialises if you ask about it that way few people will know its cancelled till its gone so you cant complain .in anycase the people at the new nta didnt know this and have been getting at dublin bus over the last 2 months to add it to the list of routes been removed after i informed them that it wasnt listed also told them that its replacement will only cover the country road part of its route and none of its current passenger locations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

this is so stupid!!!!! i just took a look at the map of the new opposed us routes!!!! half of the bus stops are gone and there is a distance to walk to get to them i would say , how about poeple in wheel chairs and people with kids etc???? they have to go to another stop or place to get a bus?? where i am based, i either go to closilla or the blanch centre were do i go to get the bus if the buses are not going to be stopping there ????

A V A wrote: »
    this is so stupid!!!!! i just took a look at the map of the new opposed us routes!!!! half of the bus stops are gone and there is a distance to walk to get to them i would say , how about poeple in wheel chairs and people with kids etc???? they have to go to another stop or place to get a bus?? where i am based, i either go to closilla or the blanch centre were do i go to get the bus if the buses are not going to be stopping there ????

The maps don't show every bus stop - only major ones. They are not planning to remove bus stops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

oh sorry ok thanks for clearing that up

so when is this coming into play ?

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    so when is this coming into play ?

At this stage, who the hell knows.

I just want my (slightly) better 70 service already! :mad:

It is dependent on getting routes/timetables agreed with the NTA and new rosters agreed with drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

At this stage, who the hell knows.

I just want my (slightly) better 70 service already! :mad:

Yeah.. I want my 39a too, ready to start tomorrow. :)

Last mail i got from db was that they were finalising some outstanding issues befor imlementing phase 1

Last mail i got from db was that they were finalising some outstanding issues befor imlementing phase 1

i.e. "getting routes/timetables agreed with the NTA and new rosters agreed with drivers"

Latest faqs saying both the 220 and 238 to remain.

270 centre to dunboyne

City buses terminate at Baggott street

Changes deferred to october

Tyrrelstown will have 40d and 238

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-1/Blanchardstown/Blanchardstown-FAQs/
    Will Route 220 continue to operate?
    Yes. The timetable will be revised but the route will remain unchanged. As part of our consultation in the Finglas area revised proposals for route 220 will be examined.

Will Route 38 and Route 38a continue to operate?
    Yes. Routes 38 and 38a will operate from Damastown to Baggott Street (Waterloo Road). Both routes will travel on the current route 38a alignment from Damastown to Snugborough Road via Castlecurragh and Corduff.

At all times route 38 will operate via Blanchardstown, Castleknock and Auburn Avenue

At all times route 38a will operate via Blanchardstown bypass

Both routes will be extended to Baggot Street (Waterloo Road) providing a more direct service to the City Centre with a high frequency service of 10 minutes at peak times

The timetables will be changed on both routes.

What will be the routing of Route 39 and Route 39a?
    Route 39 will operate from Ongar via Hazelbury Park, Rosedale, Manorfields, Latchford, Ravenwood and Allendale estates before passing Clonsilla Railway Station. It will then serve the Hartstown/Huntstown loop, the Blanchardstown Centre, Clonsilla Road, Blanchardstown Village and Navan Road to Baggott Street (Waterloo Road).

The redesigned Route 39a will operate from Ongar to UCD Belfield via St. Stephen’s Green but will include Hazelbury Park, Rosedale, Manorfields, Latchford, Ravenwood and Allendale. It will also operate on the new Ongar Link Road operating via Hartstown/Huntstown and the Blanchardstown Centre but will travel on the N3, bypassing Blanchardstown village which will save up to 20 minutes per trip for customers travelling from Ongar/West Blanchardstown into the City Centre. The customers in these areas will now have access to up to 100 trips a day each way with bus departures every 10 minutes at peak times.

Will Route 39x continue to operate?
    Route 39x will be combined with Route 39/a outlined above.

What fares will apply on Route 39 and 39a?
    Regular fares will apply on these routes.

Will route 37 operate to Blanchardstown Centre?
    It is proposed to extend the service to Blanchardstown Centre. However this is subject to approval which has been deferred.

Will route 37 change its route in the City Centre?
    Yes, route 37 will terminate at Baggott Street (Waterloo Road). It will operate via St. Stephen’s Green, Merrion Row and Baggott Street heading toward Waterloo Road. When operating toward Carpenterstown (Blanchardstown Road South) it will operate via Baggott Street, Pembroke Street, Leeson Street (passing CUS), St. Stephen’s Green.

Will route 37x continue to operate?
    Route 37x will be amalgamated into the revised route 37 service.

What service will operate from Tyrrelstown?
    Tyrrelstown will continue to be served by Route 40d and a local service will be provided by Route 238 to the Blanchardstown Centre and Mulhuddart. Route 40d’s alignment will be adjusted to offer faster journey times to the City Centre. This will occur later in 2010 as part of the Finglas area consultation.

Will a local service continue to operate in the Blanchardstown area?
    Yes.

Route 270 will operate from Dunboyne to Blanchardstown Centre via Littlepace. The routing will remain the same. A new timetable will be introduced.

Route 236 will operate from The Blanchardstown Centre to Blanchardstown Corporate Park via Snugborough Road and Blanchardstown Road North. As at present it will operate anti clockwise in the morning peak and clockwise in the evening peak in order to minimise journey times.

What services will operate to Littlepace?
    Route 70 and Route 270 will serve Littlepace on all journeys. A revised timetable will be introduced to deliver more regular departures. Route 270 will operate an hourly frequency of service. These services will operate all day to Littlepace, and all day at the weekend, linking Littlepace and Dunboyne with the Blanchardstown Centre (270) and City Centre (70).

What way will Route 70 operate to the City?
    Route 70 will travel from Dunboyne to Littlepace and via the Blanchardstown bypass and the N3 to the City Centre terminating at Baggott Street (Waterloo Road). It will have regular fares stopping at all stops en route as required. Route numbers 70x, 70a, 70b will no longer apply.

Will Mulhuddart Village have a bus service?
    Yes. Route 238 and 220 will serve Mulhuddart. Route 238 will connect Lady’s Well and Mulhuddart with Blanchardstown Centre, Ballycoolin and Tyrrelstown. Route 220 will continue to operate as per current alignment connecting Lady’s Well, Mulhuddart, Hartstown, Blanchardstown Centre, Connolly Hospital, Corduff, Ballycoolin, Cappagh Hospital, Finglas South & Ballymun. Timetables will be revised on these services.

Will route 237 continue to operate?
    No. This route will be withdrawn.

It's good to see the 220 remain but I hope this hasn't impacted the plans for the 17a, this would have been an ideal route

Still we'll wait for the map! :)

It's good to see the 220 remain but I hope this hasn't impacted the plans for the 17a, this would have been an ideal route

Still we'll wait for the map! :)

I'd imagine (and I'd stress that I am guessing here) that you will still see the high frequency 17a implemented, and the 220 retained but at a reduced frequency than it currently has.

The local area changes (236, 238 and 270) make more sense than the original proposal and Ladys Well is still linked to the Blanchardstown S.C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Better that they're keeping the 220 and the 238 on. 238 would link with the 17a at the shopping centre, so even if the 220 was just used in the mornings and evenings it would be great.

Advertisement