Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin bus routes/Changes to Bus routes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

thomasj wrote: »
    It's good to see the 220 remain but I hope this hasn't impacted the plans for the 17a, this would have been an ideal route

I'm kind of worried that they don't now mention the 17a anywhere. And the 220 remaining would suggest it has something to do with that..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Polar101 wrote: »
    I'm kind of worried that they don't now mention the 17a anywhere. And the 220 remaining would suggest it has something to do with that..

It is still mentioned here:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-1/Blanchardstown/
    A high frequency orbital service from Blanchardstown Centre serving James Connolly Hospital, Snugborough Road, Cappagh Hospital, Finglas, Dublin City University, Santry, Beaumont Hospital, Coolock and Kilbarrack (Howth Junction Rail Station).

As I said above I imagine this is a core part of the changes - the 220 will I suspect remain but at a lower frequency than at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So we will have direct buses which link to ucd and dcu which run at weekends, good.

A new and clearer version of the Blanchardstown QBC map has now been released on the Dublin Bus website:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/5994/New%20Blanchardstown%20Corridor%20v10%20copy.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Am still no wiser to where the stop for 39a will be on the "Blanchardstown bypass" tbh...any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

nope and we don't know until the changes are rolled out and the maps with the stops plotted are published.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I don't think it's a stop I think it's more likely a fare stage

As much as a safe stop on the bypass would be a good thing for people using the village it's just a gut feeling I have that the last stop will be opposite the eBay building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

thomasj wrote: »
    I don't think it's a stop I think it's more likely a fare stage

As much as a safe stop on the bypass would be a good thing for people using the village it's just a gut feeling I have that the last stop will be opposite the eBay building

Looking at the layout the only safe place for it would be to stop where it usually does at the travelodge at castleknock... unfortunately a bit away for people who are coming from the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

anniehoo wrote: »
    Am still no wiser to where the stop for 39a will be on the "Blanchardstown bypass" tbh...any ideas?

Is there not a stop being built just after the Blanchardstown junction with the N3 at the junction where the flyover bridge outside Total Fitness? Maybe it'll come off the N3 at the hospital and stop along there, whereas on the way back it'll stop in the same place it always has?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Disappointed to see the 39x being scrapped. I only occasionally take the bus to work, but when I do I use this one because it stops in O'Connell Street. Now I presume I'll have to walk from somewhere before Capel Street Bridge to the IFSC? Fine when it's sunny, but it's a fair schlep on a wet morning. :(

• Advertisement

Yea, they claim that merging with the 39a makes sense, but what of the fair few people each day who get the Xpresso's in the morning who actually want to go to places like Phibsborough, Parnell Sq. and the like.

Then again, if you're going to the IFSC, do you not live near enough to the train line to get the train to Docklands?

Zaph wrote: »
    Disappointed to see the 39x being scrapped. I only occasionally take the bus to work, but when I do I use this one because it stops in O'Connell Street. Now I presume I'll have to walk from somewhere before Capel Street Bridge to the IFSC? Fine when it's sunny, but it's a fair schlep on a wet morning. :(

Just to point out the current route of turning right on caple street and heading down dame street will be no more when the new timetable comes into force. It's not possible for any vehicles to turn right from dame street onto trinity college/grafton street

All of the 37s/39s/39as/70s will follow the current 39b
    route. after Ormond quay will head straight down the quays, stop on bachelors walk then cross over o'connell bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

just a pointer. theres no word yet on when these changes are coming in. according to my sources the new timetables haven't been agreed yet. what i can see though is dublin bus management pushing is these like they're doing with other routes this sun. see commuting and transport. then dont be surprised if we have the same ol crap again like last year from harristown.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Then again, if you're going to the IFSC, do you not live near enough to the train line to get the train to Docklands?

I normally drive to Coolmine, leave my car there and get the train in. But occasionally I want to leave the car at home and that's when I'd get the 39x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any word on where the 38's bus stops will be outbound now? If they're going out to Baggot Street, there's no way they can leave from Hawkins Street.

Probably baggot street, Stephens green, dawson street, Suffolk street, westmoreland street, o'connell street

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i seen a 38 frive past the end of grafton street at the molly malone stand with people on it . . .whats the story with that ???

Sounds like the wrong Route entered. Probably a 37x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i dont think it was that im pretty sure its said 38 on the board

PDF appears to have been updated on Monday.

EDIT: Link might not be working, sorry am using plugin that auto-opens stuff like that in Google Docs.

• Advertisement

So, it seems the new timetables are possibly starting to leak out from the site? Starting with the "new" 70 route, but oddly only the specific timetable from Littlepace to town...
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/702-Revised-Times-/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Red Actor

TheChrisD wrote: »
    So, it seems the new timetables are possibly starting to leak out from the site? Starting with the "new" 70 route, but oddly only the specific timetable from Littlepace to town...
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/702-Revised-Times-/

The link looks for a password - can you copy the details and post them? Long time lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

changes are due apparently this coming sunday the 16th october

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

spotted the new timetable today by accident
    the 220 is down to 9 journeys each way mon to sat and 7 on a sunday
    gone are the late last bus the last on the new timetable leaves ladyswell at 8pm mon to sat and 6.30 pm on a sunday
    the new stages for the 38a show the stages as blanchardstown byepass then m50 roundabout

That's interesting thanks med1!

Anything on the 17a/39/39a?

are we still on for sunday?

Anyone notice that the network direct signs are starting to appear along the blanch corridor? Says all will kick off Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

i sent a mail off a while ago...got this reply.. Further to your query, at this point in time Dublin Bus is involved with Phase 1 of its Network Direct Programme. The public consultation period for Phase 1 (Lucan/North Kildare, Stillorgan Road/Dún Laoghaire/Bray and Blanchardstown) has concluded and the implementation has begun. The Stillorgan stage was implemented on September 19th, The Blanchardstown stage is the next to be implemented and then the Lucan/ North Kildare stage will be introduced shortly after that. The changes will be preceded by advertising in national and local media and on the Dublin Bus website www.dublinbus.ie . The Blanchardstown schedule will come into effect in the coming weeks. It is standard practice for Dublin Bus to implement new services and schedules on Sundays.

Personally, this will work great for me...cant wait for it to start !!:)

For reference the new ballyfermot plans
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/6554/ND-%20Ballyfermot.pdf

Mentioned on it is the new 76 which will run from the square to blanch centre via Liffey valley and clondalkin

Will operate on a frequency of 20 peak 30 off peak and also heard from a rep that it will also operate on Sundays probably hourly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nothing on the website yet but the new Blanchardstown routes must be coming on stream this weekend as a few routes are having their terminus moved to Hawkins Street this weekend

• Advertisement

The new timetables are now online, effective from October 31.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Castleknock-Blanchardstown-Mulhuddart-and-Dunboyne/

Full revised timetables for Blanchardstown:

Route 17a

Route 37

Route 38

Route 38a

Route 39

Route 39a

Route 70

Route 220

Route 236

Route 238

Route 239

Route 270

10, 10a, 37x, 39x, 70a, 70b, 70x, 237 withdrawn. No change to 76a at this stage.

Advertisement