Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin bus routes/Changes to Bus routes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

So wait a sec, we now have to get the 39 on Baggot street, or is Aston quay the start of the terminus in town, will there be 39's still going from the screen cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

It's from baggot street

For 39/39a stops are:

Outbound: baggot street, Stephens green, Suffolk street (the street behind the current 39 stop at the ulster bank on college green), Aston quay, wood quay

Inbound: ormond quay, bachelors walk, college street (beside trinity), Nassau street, Kildare street, Stephens green, baggot street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, the 39 will no longer run from the Screen cinema in town. The terminus will be Baggot Street and will follow this route:
    22 78 Waterloo Rd.
    23 77 Lwr. Baggot St. (Pembroke St.)
    24 76 Dawson St. / Kildare St.
    25 75 Westmoreland St. / D'Olier St.
    26 74 Wood Quay / Upr. Ormond Quay
    27 73 Usher's Quay / C.Y.C
    28 72 Stoneybatter (Stanhope St. School)
    29 71 Prussia St. (Hanlon's Corner)
    30 70 Old Cabra Rd. (Railway Bridge)

For anyone who gets the 37/39/70 at the ulster bank on college green, the new busstop is the street BEHIND. At the ulster bank take a left turn, and turn left again and you will see the busstops. The busstop will be either pizza hut or elverys and you can also get the 38/38A there!

thomasj wrote: »
    For anyone who gets the 37/39/70 at the ulster bank on college green, the new busstop is the street BEHIND. At the ulster bank take a left turn, and turn left again and you will see the busstops. The busstop will be either pizza hut or elverys and you can also get the 38/38A there!

Suffolk Street and then possibly Westmoreland Street, although, I'm struggling to think where'd they would squeeze a stop on Westmoreland St at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

It's from baggot street

For 39/39a stops are:

Outbound: baggot street, Stephens green, Suffolk street (the street behind the current 39 stop at the ulster bank on college green), Aston quay, wood quay

Inbound: ormond quay, bachelors walk, college street (beside trinity), Nassau street, Kildare street, Stephens green, baggot street

I would think that the 37, 38/38a, 39/39a and 70 will stop on Dawson Street outbound also (although which stop I'm not sure).

Note that the first stop outbound for all (excluding the 39a) will be Baggot St. Lwr. (Pembroke Row).

Inbound they will also serve the stop on Merrion Row.

Suffolk Street and then possibly Westmoreland Street, although, I'm struggling to think where'd they would squeeze a stop on Westmoreland St at the moment.

It's tough to tell about the 38/38a - perhaps they will run non-stop from Suffolk Street to Easons like the 10 does?

KC61 wrote: »
    It's tough to tell about the 38/38a - perhaps they will run non-stop from Suffolk Street to Easons like the 10 does?

That, and possibly the 39 will not stop on Westmoreland St but Aston Quay where the 78a terminus currently is?

This is from the faqs on route 10 on the Dublin bus website

Where can I get Route 39a travelling Southbound from City Centre to UCD Belfield?
    Route 39a bus stops are located on Bachelors Walk, College Street (Trinity
    College Wall), Nassau Street, Kildare Street and Merrion Row.

Where can I get Route 39a travelling Northbound from City Centre to Ongar?
    Route 39a bus stops are located on St. Stephen’s Green North, Dawson Street,
    Suffolk Street and Aston Quay.

Edit: actually just saw this FAQ on the 37 on the blanchardstown faqs
    Will route 37 change its route in the City Centre?
    Yes, route 37 will terminate at Baggot Street (Grand Canal). It will operate via St. Stephen’s Green and Merrion Row*towards Baggott Street (Wilton Terrace) heading toward Waterloo Road. When operating toward Carpenterstown (Blanchardstown Road South) it will operate via Baggott Street, Pembroke Street, Leeson Street (passing CUS), St. Stephen’s Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I doubt it! From looking at the map the 17a will serve the hospital and snugborough road and the national aquatic centre. So it looks like it will pass the other side of corduff down the snugborough road extension!

Sorry I read it wrong, im even more confused now, cant get a bus from my end of Corduff to the centre and the bus that links Blanch with Beaumount hospital runs at it nearest point to me from the Centre.

Oh and to top it off, the Dublin bus site is overloading and crashing/not loading.

• Advertisement

That, and possibly the 39 will not stop on Westmoreland St but Aston Quay where the 78a terminus currently is?

The 37, 39, 39a and 70 certainly will stop on Aston Quay and not Westmoreland Street - probably the old 51b/51c terminus.

Folks FYI this is on tomorrow! (Thursday)
    Blanchardstown Roadshow
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010
    Dublin Bus would like to inform customers that staff will be on hand in Blanchardstown Centre tomorrow from 14.00 – 20.00 to discuss the revised services due to be introduced on Sunday 31st October 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

actually the 37's 8's and 9's will be terminating in burlington mews just of baggot street. reason i'm saying this is they have to come onto mesphil road to start their run back into town and from what i heard that road is a nightmare to get onto at the best of times. the 39A's will operate from ongar to U.C.D.
    i'd like to point that the drivers voted on these new timetable changes and were rejected by most but dublin bus are pushing them in anyway. i spoke to a few drivers and they weren't happy with this, apparently they're been given the same amount of running time to get to burlington mews as they have now to get into hawkins street.

As long as we don't have a strike ala when they brought on the new timetables a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

apparently they're been given the same amount of running time to get to burlington mews as they have now to get into hawkins street.
    Gonna make it a pretty unreliable timetable then, at least with the 39 it's normally every 15 minutes so won't be too much waiting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

went to the centre today 2 lads with a table of timetables asked about the 220 and was told its not been cut even though i said its on the finglas changes as been amalgamated so what is really going on

med1 wrote: »
    went to the centre today 2 lads with a table of timetables asked about the 220 and was told its not been cut even though i said its on the finglas changes as been amalgamated so what is really going on

Did they have an answer for why it was on the plans for the Finglas stage as being amalgamated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Looks like the new 'citybound' stops at the centre will be opposite the current stops (i.e. where they park the buses now), they were putting up the new stops just now.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Looks like the new 'citybound' stops at the centre will be opposite the current stops (i.e. where they park the buses now), they were putting up the new stops just now.

That would be for the 39a as it will continue past Currys and out onto the N3.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just got the leaflet in the door with the new routes. Fortunately I usually use the train rather than the bus, but when I need to take the bus I use the 39x. I fail to see how removing an express service is an improvement. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Zaph wrote: »
    Just got the leaflet in the door with the new routes. Fortunately I usually use the train rather than the bus, but when I need to take the bus I use the 39x. I fail to see how removing an express service is an improvement. :confused:

Well.. the new 39a is pretty much the same service, and runs more often. I thought calling the 39x an express service was a bit rich.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Fair enough, never got the 39a. The 39x was handier because it stopped in O'Connell Street, which is why I got it.

Well the 37/39/39a/70 will all stop on bachelors walk which is near enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why on earth is the 39a going into the shopping centre at all?

Because it's a major stop, the 39 alone would cause problems

I can't see anything wrong with it! The centre has bus lanes the biggest problems to me are coolmine and the start of the village!

Polar101 wrote: »
    Well.. the new 39a is pretty much the same service, and runs more often. I thought calling the 39x an express service was a bit rich.

The difference being the 39a uses the bypass and not the village!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The 39a used to bypass the centre and the village, looks like it will only end up getting caugth going in and out of it at all the lights and that will most likley negate the point of it.

I'm hoping that it will turn left at the q building thus avoiding those notorious lights at spaghetti junction beside tractormotors, if they do though I agree with you!

Anything is better than the current 39 bus setup! I had a 20 minute wait for a bus in ashtown this morning, when it did come it was quiet full and left alot of passengers behind

Because it's a major stop, the 39 alone would cause problems

I can't see anything wrong with it! The centre has bus lanes the biggest problems to me are coolmine and the start of the village!

The bus lane only runs as far as the roundabout at the Crowne Plaza though and the traffic along the green entrance/pc world can be absolutely manic, especially on weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

turning left at the quinn building wouldnt be a great idea for a bus as the turn left onto the n3 from that is a very tight turn for a bus

Advertisement