Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin bus routes/Changes to Bus routes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I love the way this new plan is going to make other cars disappear off the road or something. Apparently journeys into the city centre will be quicker than the old system but the 38A route is the exact same as before (as far as the city centre anyway). How it will be quicker escapes me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cos DB have magical powers don'tcha know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

med1 wrote: »
    turning left at the quinn building wouldnt be a great idea for a bus as the turn left onto the n3 from that is a very tight turn for a bus

The 17as are taking this turn before heading down the n3, off at the hospital entrance and then out the other side on the snugborough road

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

seen that myself i was surprised as it is not an easy turn i am also surprised that now the 17a will also not serve blanchardstown village at all .
    it is supposed to replace the 220 in the next month but aint serving blanch or ladyswell or corduff estates

yep i'm suprised at that myself!

i presume that the 17a heading back will turn right at total fitness junction heading back down the n3, meaning it can/will serve the stop beside the old bus gate. Meaning folks heading to blanch village can get the 38a/39a/17a to blanch village but not from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well that seems to be a massive oversight on DB's part - the 17a not serving Blanch Village leaves quite the gaping hole in service.

It's as if they're trying to get everyone to go up to the Centre first to get their bus to where they need to go...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That journey from Kilbarrack to Blanch is going to be seriously long on a busy morning. Wouldn't fancy it myself!

the buses yesterday were doing kilbarrack to blanch in less than half an hour

seen that myself i was surprised as it is not an easy turn i am also surprised that now the 17a will also not serve blanchardstown village at all .
    it is supposed to replace the 220 in the next month but aint serving blanch or ladyswell or corduff estates

The 39a was taking the same turn this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Curious to see how it goes this evening. Renting up in Latchford and had pretty much decided to move since the bus was taking way too long to get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im still waiting to see if there will be a charge of hart with leaving down where I am without a bus link to the centre.

The 236 is an option but thats once an hour and reverses routes as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I got my first late evening 39A last night. I wasn't sure I was believing my eyes.

Town to huntstown in 20 minutes with the 39a last night

Couldn't believe it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

thomasj wrote: »

Couldn't believe it

What time last night?
    I've been on the old routes late at night and it's taken 40 mins.

It was the last 39a!

It left 3 minutes after the 39, tonight right through to Saturday the 39a leaves Aston quay the same time as the 39 at 23:30 and on Sunday the 39 leaves at 23:25 with the 39a at 23:30 meaning the 39 picks up most of the passengers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Hi

Does anyone know where the 70 goes past ? timetable says... Baggot St Lower ( Pembroke st)..trying to find this bus stop ! :confused:

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Click on the "view map" button on the timetable below and the bus stops will appear on a map.

The first stop is the first inbound stop after Baggot Street bridge heading towards town at Pembroke Row.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/70/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

I swear, that was not working for me all week !!! :o cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

gaz wac wrote: »
    I swear, that was not working for me all week !!! :o cheers

They only put them live this afternoon - so you're not going mad!!! LOL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

the buses yesterday were doing kilbarrack to blanch in less than half an hour

:eek:
    Hard to believe that will last, I've often spent half an hour just getting up Oscar Traynor Road!

EDIT: just looked at the timetable online, and DB are estimating it will take over an hour for the journey, and that's at off-peak times.
    If you're travelling from Kilbarrack to Blanch SC you'd nearly want to bring a packed lunch!

• Advertisement

i was just reading the original promises made by dublin bus for blanchardstown it states for the 17a it is a high frequency route running every 10 minutes peak and every 15 off peak.what happened the new timetable shows peak every 15 off peak every 20 and sundays every half hour.it shows network direct is a pack of lies and that what was said at the roadshows wasnt true

But was that down to them retaining the 220?

Ie the finglas plans says amalgamation will mean 10/15

But was that down to them retaining the 220?

Ie the finglas plans says amalgamation will mean 10/15

the finglas plan says 10peak 20 off peak
    cant see how the 220 caused this problem it is more down to broken promises how do the other routes fare out
    original promises

39a peak 10 off peak 10
    37 peak 10 off peak 20
    39 peak 20 off 20
    38 peak 20 off 20
    38a 20 all day
    70 peak 20 off 60
    236 peak 20 off 60
    270 peak 60 off 60

lets match to the new

39a peak 5 to 10 off peak 20
    37 peak 10 off peak 20
    39 peak 7 to 15 mins off 30 mins
    38 peak 20 off 40
    38a peak 20 off 40
    70 peak 10 to 20 off 60
    236 peak 20 off no service
    270 peak 60 off 60

looking at the above it is a lot less than promised on most routes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You can't really match the 39a services as before ND they (and the 39c's) were basically just renumbered 39's.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    You can't really match the 39a services as before ND they (and the 39c's) were basically just renumbered 39's.
    hi the times i have shown are what dublin bus promised at the blanchardstown roadshow under network direct and then what they actually really gave

Just off the 39a in huntstown at 21:50 got on it on Aston quay at 21:25! :D
    I've never seen a bus go as fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

This isn't looking too bad so far. The 236 didn't start very well.. seems like they expect to be able to run the circle route in 20 minutes, which meant I had to wait for 25 minutes today. If they only have one bus operating the service, it won't work. Hopefully it's just Day 1 problems. They've even added a 15:40 service, that's not on the printed timetable Dublin Bus gave me last week.

But my morning commute went very smoothly, which was a bit surprising to be honest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Anyone get the 37 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

Couldn't believe it
    just one of your many posts thomas.
    all i'd say here to anyone is dont count your chickens before they hatch. remember it was a mon night ,one of the quietest nights there is, also there are quite a number of people who still dont know about the changes yet. lots and lots are still going to the old stops in dame street. wait till everyone cops on then what you'll have is the crowds from lord edward st and a few other places all going for the one stop at aston quay.
    this good run of fortune is not going to last, so if your bus does make great timing please enjoy it while it lasts ;)

• Advertisement

Fair enough but my main point here is, the 39a is getting out to blanch in record time because there's no passengers being picked up!

The 39a is leaving 2-3 minutes after the 39 and the 39 is picking up all of the passengers!

This happened to me on both nights resulting in 20 minute trips from town to huntstown.

Advertisement