Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Artist Wanted.

• 26-04-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭

Looking for a tattoo artist (maybe two) for a new shop in Dublin City Center. Strong portfolios of flash and custom work, no drugs/drama and the ability to work within the EU are all necessary. Anyone interested can mail portfolios and details to blacksailstattoo@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

whats flash work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Flash is the sheets of tattoo art that you see up on the walls / in catalogues in most tattoo studios. For the "I want that one" brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

hahahahaha little britain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

I think flash has a bad name mostly because a lot of studios buy in low quality generic designs. You can get really great flash from some of the best tattooers in the world that can serve as inspiration for a piece as much as being a straight off the wall reproduction. Take http://www.tattooeliteinternational.com and http://www.gentlemanstattooflash.com as examples. The flash on those sites is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

True, good flash can be great, but IMHO should serve as inspiration more than anything.

I referred above to the "I want that one!" people that invariably walk in off the street, look at a flash chart and simply point to one, and no more thought goes into it than that really. As Pip mentioned, that's like Andy from Little Britain, and that's what I was thinking of when I wrote it too, as in my experience, most* of them will end up saying "Don't like it!" eventually too.

*Of course there will always be exceptions, where someone will love what they got done from flash charts.

• Advertisement

Possibly true. I think good reference materials are essential and flash definitely serves it's purpose in that sense along with art books and sketchbooks from different tattooers. What you tend to get in this country is Jenny Clarke designs which would be the Aldi of the flash world. I personally have Duncan X flash on me and I plan to get Dan Higgs (no longer tattooing) and Sailor Jerry flash on me also.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I plan to get Dan Higgs (no longer tattooing) and Sailor Jerry flash on me also.

Id love some of the Sailor Jerry stuff aswell.Have loads of his flash here(Jesus I wish it was original) and for some reason I love the old school stuff.

I've got the new Sailor Jerry book on the way. Each sheet is pretty much the size of a flash sheet and I think it has about 50 sheets worth. http://www.hardymarks.com

Advertisement