Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84 facing major route restriction but increased timetable

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

The finnegans bus leaves Dublin @ 3am and does goto Charlesland. it leaves from clerys and stops at trinity. Its route through Bray is crazy though. very very indirect

We got that one time. It took no time at all to get to Bray, then meandered through every estate possible there and eventually (we're talking at least 90 minutes later) ended up in Charlesland. I think it goes on to Kilcoole after that. There were two women next to us on the bus heading for Kilcoole. They were complaining about how badly they needed a bathroom after that long a bus journey (after a night's drinking I'm sure). Only, just before we got to Charlesland, a guy stumbled downstairs saying he'd fallen asleep and needed to go back to Greystones. The driver turned the bus around at the Charlesland roundabout and headed back to Greystones. As the bus went back past us again we could hear the women screaming "Nooooo!".

We vowed never to take that bus again unless there's a dire need.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Speaking of the 84. I got it this morning to Cherrywood Luas. I was hoping to be dropped at the luas but it just dropped me to the roundabout and was told to walk through the industrial estate. About 15 minutes later I arrived at Brides Glen. Ok I probably wasn't walking fast as I was trying to figure out where I was, but thought it went direct to the luas. So disappointed about this. Did I take a wrong turn or is that the only way to the luas?

84N doesn't go to Charlesland? I thought it did! So the only Nitelink option is finnegan's?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

84 only serves the stop at the roundabout in Cherrywood.

No buses operate to the actual LUAS stop at Brides Glen/Cherrywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

lxflyer wrote: »
    84 only serves the stop at the roundabout in Cherrywood.

No buses operate to the actual LUAS stop at Brides Glen/Cherrywood.

You would think the site would say that!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84-/

Should have posted this yesterday before my trek to Sandyford!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

audreyp wrote: »
    You would think the site would say that!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84-/

Should have posted this yesterday before my trek to Sandyford!

I think you have a certain TD/former Councillor to thank for that. Clearly it's much more convenient for the average commuter for the bus to go to UCD once an hour and not the Luas every half hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

The 84n never went upto charlesland. its last stop is the dart station. They leave sharply on time. There is a ticket bus somewhere that you can buy tickets or else I think buy them on board. The finnegans bus leaves Dublin @ 3am and does goto Charlesland. it leaves from clerys and stops at trinity. Its route through Bray is crazy though. very very indirect

Thank you! Left promptly at two. Got my ticket from the shop across from the stop. Driver was great, drove like a bat out of hell, took some corners/roundabouts quicker then i would in a car! 35 minutes from city centre to the Dart station in Greystones.

On the other hand, trying to get a taxi was another story, no less then 7 cars with their lights on ignored me trying to get a drive home. The Greystones was empty, if the drivers really find it so hard to make a living these days how can they justify ignoring a paying fare??

Advertisement