Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Females between 18 and 26 years needed for important Health Psychology Research

Options
  • 26-04-2010 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I am a MSc Health Psychology student of NUI Galway conducting research into "Understanding Acceptance of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine" in a female university population aged between 18 and 26 years of age from across the country. HPV causes 80% of cervical cancers and genital warts so understanding the factors that influence vaccination against this preventable infection are very important from a health prevention and promotion perspective.

The study involves participation in an online questionnaire, a short web-based intervention and a second short online questionnaire. I am also interested in assessing attitudes at a one-month follow-up through a third and final online questionnaire.

If you are a female university student between the ages of 18 and 26 interested in advancing psychological theories and research, I would be very grateful if you would participate in this very important study.

In order to track participants throughout the different stages of the study I request that you provide an e-mail address at the beginning of every questionnaire. This is also for the purpose of the one month follow-up, after which time the e-mail address will not be retained but your data will be assigned a unique i.d number. All information will be kept confidential and e-mail addresses will not be matched with responses.

If having read the above information thoroughly and you are happy to proceed, the link for the study is:

http://www.nuigalway.ie/psy/sub/sl_survey.php

I have run the above by the moderator and they are happy for me to proceed with uploading the post.

Many thanks,

Shinnybob

Advertisement