Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB power line attached to chimney

Options
  • 26-04-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Need some pointers and advise please, have looked up the ESB website and the possibly charges are hard to work out and also frightening to say the least

Old syle cottage house, has the ESB power cable attached to the chimney.
    The pull of the cable on the chimney is causing problems and my own architect/builder/engineer have said that this must be moved soon to avoid potential disaster and cause the chimney to fall.

Only option is to erect a pole in the garden and move the cable underground.

Am i liable for the charge for this or does the onus fall onto the ESB to ensure its safety ?

Any help please greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,475 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any way to tell who put it on the chimney in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Overheal wrote: »
    Any way to tell who put it on the chimney in the first place?

Yeah the cable was put there by the ESB years ago, was the only option for them at the time.
    People have been telling me its up to the ESB to ensure its safety if it is effecting the structure of the chimney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,475 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Yeah the cable was put there by the ESB years ago, was the only option for them at the time.
    People have been telling me its up to the ESB to ensure its safety if it is effecting the structure of the chimney ?
    If they put it there, its their liability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

just all them and tell them that you have had it assessed and there is a high risk of your chimney falling down . They will send someone out to have a look for you

Advertisement