Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bull 1 Matador 0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

fcuk with the bull, you get the horns :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cannot rejoice at anyone ending up in intensive care, much as I deplore bull fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

hate bull fighting it should be outlawed...sorry he got hurt but tough:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I don't like to wish harm on anyone but one or the other was going to get hurt, just glad it wasn't the bull. The matador had a choice to participate, the bull didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I love hearing/seeing the bull getting his own back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

He knew the risks before he went in with the bull so served him right.
    I'm sure there's plenty more injuries people suffer from bull fighting it's just probably not always in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Even better is the news that there have been significant demos in Spain seeking to ban bullfighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I don't like people getting hurt . . . really . . . but I can't help but feel like it served him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

An occupational hazard if ever there was one :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yes I feel all warm and tingly inside watching this clip.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I can't believe people are happy that a guy ended up in intensive care. I'm more disgusted by that kind of attitude than the attitude of people participating in bull fighting.

I don't get this attitude of people that are pro animal right/welfare and then hold animals as having more rights than people. (I'm saying that everyone who is pro animals is like this but is seems to be a popular thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Noone likes someone getting hurt i think but it is not as if the bull gored someone who was walking in his field or something.
    That man was torturing him to death and got his just reward.

Orla K wrote: »
    I can't believe people are happy that a guy ended up in intensive care. I'm more disgusted by that kind of attitude than the attitude of people participating in bull fighting.

I don't get this attitude of people that are pro animal right/welfare and then hold animals as having more rights than people. (I'm saying that everyone who is pro animals is like this but is seems to be a popular thing)

This man "retired" but then returned to bullfighting as he "could not live" without it. He has tortured hundreds of Bulls purely for entertainment. Why do people speak of animal rights versus human rights as if it is a competition or conflict ?.

Do you really believe that humans have the "right" to inflict pain & suffering on animals purely for human entertainment ?. What does protecting that right say about humans ?. One of the ways that we claim to be "superior" to animals is supposed to be our ability to show compassion.

Animal welfare was born out of a belief that animals feel distress & pain. Originally it was thought that we, as the superior being, should show compassion to a creature & not cause unnecessary suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

What happended to the bull?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

May I quote Elbert Hubbard:

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture.”

The man has a point ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Discodog wrote: »
    This man "retired" but then returned to bullfighting as he "could not live" without it. He has tortured hundreds of Bulls purely for entertainment. Why do people speak of animal rights versus human rights as if it is a competition or conflict ?.

Do you really believe that humans have the "right" to inflict pain & suffering on animals purely for human entertainment ?. What does protecting that right say about humans ?. One of the ways that we claim to be "superior" to animals is supposed to be our ability to show compassion.

Animal welfare was born out of a belief that animals feel distress & pain. Originally it was thought that we, as the superior being, should show compassion to a creature & not cause unnecessary suffering.

While I wholeheartedly agree, I would still never rejoice in a man being intensive care for what he had done.

We need to show compassion to people also.

I don't think anyone was seriously happy about thinking about his suffering. That would be pretty disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Discodog wrote: »

My god I just feel like screaming.

I did not say ANYTHING about humans having a right to inflict pain and suffering, I don't know why you brought that up. For me it's not about human right versus animals right too, it's about making them fit in together and this go's for welfare as well.

I don't care what this guy has done to bulls in the past or even if he was in the process of doing it, he did not deserve to nearly die. I can't see how people can be happy about this, I actually felt sick to the stomach that people were saying
    got his just reward
    Yes I feel all warm and tingly inside watching this clip
    it served him right. biggrin.gif
    served him right
    love hearing/seeing the bull getting his own back.
    It makes me so happy when these bulls nail a matador
    these comments disgust me more than the bullfighting. I don't know why people think it's alright to say and think these things because a guy was doing something he was brought up around and that's part of his culture.(now before you start I am not saying it is right or wrong but it's just a fact that this go's on and the welfare of the animals is only starting to sink in lately)

People would say the same things if for instance, someone got hurt while trying to murder someone. They'd say he deserved it.

But they're not really thinking. They're just saying what comes to mind. They probably wouldn't really want someone to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

in my mind there is a world of difference between going out to murder and going out to torture to death.
    culture or no culture in this day and age there are enough debates in the world about torturing bulls, bears, tigers etc for any sane individual to be able to make up their own mind about it.
    i always though years ago that it was just a man, a cape and a bull but never realised the barbed spears that they drive into the animal to torture it to death. any eegit who enters a ring with an animal as massive as a bull intent on this type of "entertainment" has to be prepared to end up like he has.

• Advertisement

I think there must be something wrong with someone who can torture any animal or person. It's not natural. I mean an animal might play with its prey, but it's not torturing it.

But animals are tortured everyday and alot of society just accepts it as normal . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Tbh the Fighter knows what he is getting into, does anyone give the bull the option? Karma is a bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

morganafay wrote: »
    I mean an animal might play with its prey, but it's not torturing it.

How is a cat playing with a mouse for ages not torturing it? Surely the mouse is in agony and is being tortured until the cat finally gets fed up and kills it?

convert wrote: »
    How is a cat playing with a mouse for ages not torturing it? Surely the mouse is in agony and is being tortured until the cat finally gets fed up and kills it?

That happens because the mouse is not prey. The cat has not killed it for food. If the cat was hungry it would kill the mouse pretty quickly as it might escape. Wild animals rarely play with prey. Having said that Bonobos, one of our closest relatives, have been filmed tormenting prey as have Dolphins.

But surely we are more civilised than animals ?. Are we suggesting that it is OK for us to be cruel because nature is cruel. The Matador wins 99.9% of the time & even in this case the Bull was still killed. He knew the risks & many in the audience are attracted to the "sport" by the idea that the Matador might get hurt.

This Matador appears to be recovering well which means that he will be able to torture a few more Bulls.

convert wrote: »

I don't think it's torture. The cat probably has no understanding that the mouse is suffering. The cat is just playing, in a kitten like way (kittens have to play with their prey to learn to hunt). It's just nature, and cats are innocent animals.

I don't think animals have evil thoughts, but people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I suppose it's called bull fighting, it kind of implies that it isn't always the bull who loses. The guy knew when he entered the arena what he was up against so I can't really say I feel sorry for what happened.

Advertisement